Used 2001 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

$979 - $2,271

Used Accent for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great on Gas

Laura, 05/20/2008

I didn't know about the belts needing to be replaced after 60,000 miles and I drove it to 85,000 before finding out the hard way. I had to put a new head gasket on, because it bent a couple of pistons. But what could've been a $200 job, turned into $2,000 (my fault). But other than that, I have put over 100,000 miles on it (while only changing the oil every 3,000) and NOTHING has gone wrong with the engine or trans.! I especially love that it does great on gas.

The Mighty Mouse!

Tyson, 03/27/2019
GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had 2 of these cars and my wife has had another, 3 total. We absolutely love them! I have never felt more safe in a car. My wife had a rollover and walked away with only a small cut. They just keep going... if you stay on top of the timing belt replacement. That is the Achilles heel of this car. I have taken my accent on roads most would not take their 4x4 trucks on. It isn't pretty, but it keeps going. I live on a 12 mile dirt road and the car handles it better than my truck. Can not say enough good things about this car. I have had to change the timing belt, shocks, alternator, and clutch on this car. Has over 210,000 miles on it now. I did have to cut out some of the seat cushion to fit in a bit better. I am 6'0" tall but have a very long upper body.

Good car

Candy, 12/31/2019
L 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car its fun to drive 2001 accent hatchback it will turn sharp absolutely am very pleased i bought it.