2019 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Not Enough Room Inside
By GKP123

2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T 4dr Crew Cab (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was seriously considering going back to a truck and looked at the Ridgelines. I am a Honda Fan and absolutely love my accord coupe. I purchased the accord Coupe in 2013 over the mustang because it offered more leg room for a man over 6 foot tall with long legs. After sitting in the new Ridgeline and taking it for a test drive it felt cramped even with the drivers seat as far back as possible. Honda hit the mark when it comes to a truck for someone who doesn't need a full size pickup and handles extremely well but this vehicle is just not suitable for a tall long legged person over 6 feet in height. If Honda makes the changes then I will definitely get one of these vehicles.

Almost great
By sparky88

2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It came down to this or the Toyota Tacoma V6 crew cab. The Tacoma is more like a truck and the Ridgeline more half truck half SUV. The Ridgeline was more to my needs since the majority of my driving will be on pavement. Overall very happy with purchase. The only complaint is for a truck with a $38,000 MSRP the audio system is lame. No touchscreen for this price range. It is the same radio as my wife has in her 2016 CRV. Other than that a great vehicle.

Never thought I would purchase a truck
By McHenry Guy

2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at my next vehicle for about 4 months. Originally started with the CRV, but we already own two. We have three children, who are now driving, and I wanted something else. My wife drives a 2016 Pilot and I liked this vehicle, but again wanted something else. I looked at cars, but they don't hold enough to help children go back and forth to college. I priced out a Jeep Sahara and a Chevy Colorado. I test drove all of these vehicles. My main purpose was to find utility without sacrificing a quality drive. The Chevy Colorado quickly got expensive (more than the Black Edition) and didn't drive as nice. The Jeep drove like a Jeep. I don't do off roading here in the midwest and therefore didn't need something that wasn't comfortable for having the possibility of using the vehicle in a manner I didn't intend. I also wanted good gas milage as I drive a lot for work. I only have had the Ridgeline for 5 days, but it is everything I thought it would be. I did my research on-line through reviews, my own test drives and pricing. I don't mind the entertainment system as we have a 2016 Pilot Elite and I understand how to use the system. It's not hard once you get to know it, just like any phone, there is a period of time to get to know where everything is at. It's actually much faster than our 2016 Pilot. I also love the Apple Play. Siri does a great job with texts and responses. She can hear what I am saying and repeats it back to me before sending absolutely a great feature. Now when my children are texting me to find out where I'm at, I can respond without taking my eyes off the road or picking up my phone. I look forward to Apple opening up all my app's in the fall for Apple Play. Finding music and making calls has never been easier using Siri. The ride has been wonderful. I haven't had a vehicle this smooth in years, the extra wheel base distance makes the ride incredible. Even better than our Pilot. The red trim and lighting in the Black Edition is something special. About the only thing I would knock is the stopping distance. The truck feels heavy when stopping and you do have to allow for extra spacing between you and the vehicle in front. I think the brakes could have been upgraded a little more, but this is just an adjustment to a different vehicle. I drove a CRV before and it stopped very quickly. Overall this is one heck of a truck from a person who was never interested in owning one, now I drive one daily and have loved every minute of it. I generally lease them and then buy them out, due to my work, I can write the lease off entirely from my taxes and then purchase it later. I will be keeping this one for a long time.

Dogmobile
By Jeff N

2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good safety features, comfort and storage.

Dogmobile
By Jeff N

2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

shop several dealership