Used 2011 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

I will keep it as long as I can
By RidgyInMaryland

2011 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Ridgeline 2011 is great! When I bought it there were rumors that it would be discontinued, but after a test drive and all good reviews at that time, I decided to get it. Best decision ever. I think all those Ridgeline customers saying that they would buy a new one finally did it, so Honda did not discontinue this model. After having a nightmare called Chevy Colorado 06, I was having in mind a Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Frontier, the Ridgeline was a little bit over my budget, but because all the good reviews, I changed my mind. Only complain is the poor gas mileage. After 6 years I have only 50,000 miles on it, did not need to do anything but oil change and recently tires and break replacement. I was expecting to replace it with the new Ridgeline model, but the new design is not appealing for me, looks like a CRV with open bed. I just hope Honda get a better design and keep the very reliable system from the old Ridgeline on future models. Keep in mind that this is not a heavy duty truck, it is a sport utility truck for light cargo but with great comfort inside and comfortable back seats!!

Best vehicle I have ever owned to date!
By Alan Fambrini

2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sadly, my beloved Ridgeline was destroyed recently when another driver blew through a stop sign. But I would not be here writing this review had not the truck performed flawlessly as engineered to protect me. All air-bags deployed as intended without shrapnel and crumple zones absorbed impact shock as designed. This vehicle was ever a pleasure to drive on long trips, extremely comfortable, and secure for both driver and passengers. In fact, the quality of the vehicle ALWAYS elicited expressions of delight and admiration from those who rode along. One complaint, though, in that living in a rural location as I do the truck was also a favorite with barnyard rodents who loved to chew upon the control cable wiring. One would hope that in the future Honda will protect this with an armored sheathing. I will miss the electric heated leather driver's seat and side mirrors, XM radio, and traction control on slippery winter roads. The rough track to my farmstead was never a problem to negotiate with AWD and cruising the Interstate was like a soft run across silk. Yes, I will miss this best ride I have ever owned.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.
By JerryinKY

2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Ridgeline for around 6 months now. I did a ton of research before I bought and have not been disappointed. To be honest, it's even better than I thought it would be. When I drive it I can feel the quality and attention to detail that went into designing it. I'll also say that I like the older models more than the new one. If you can find one of these that has been taken care of, jump on it. You won't be disappointed.

Best of the Best
By apexshot

2011 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our second one because a life time warrenty offered by our Dealership that makes it a no brainer. Last one had 66,000 miles a 2008 and the 2012 has 40 miles on it. Being retired and saving it it will last a long time. If our weekend is towing our race car or the boat what a dependable ride. The only problem we had was a cracked oil pan not done by us, it was a defect in metal. When I went in to pick it up they had another Ridgeline with the same problem. So owners check or have it checked.

A very soild feeling and control you could only dream about. Its nice to have 4 wheel drive that comes on only if needed. And brakes that take over to maintain control on ice. I tought my wife to drive on ice and snow she is very secure with the Ridgeline.

I would like to see Turbo or even Twin Turbo or even a V-8 would open its market even bigger. A wider market could open up for people who have a need to tow Toys.

A very versatile and high quality vehicle
By collis

2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Ridgeline is more than I expected. Sized just right for the homeowner who wants to haul "stuff" and people without having to accommodate a beast of a garage-filler, this vehicle has excellent build quality and comfort that is unmatched in any other mid-sized truck. And remember, that's what it is... mid-sized. It isn't, by design, a huge, over-sized work truck. If that's what you need, get a Ford F-150... they're great, too. But, if you compare this vehicle to Ford's comparably sized Explorer Sport Trac, you will be amazed... I promise!

Lots of "bests", but the locking and waterproof "under-trunk" has to be high on the list. Just right for my golf clubs. No other vehicle has one!!! The comfort and smooth ride along with Honda quality are unequaled, too. You may be interested to know that the Ridgeline is produced alongside Acura's excellent MDX SUV. I suspect that sets the standard for Ridgeline.

This thing is very good, but a little less monotone "gray" in the interior might be nice. The Ford F-150's would be a nice benchmark. They have done an excellent job.