Used 2018 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Pilot for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

The Rattler

Elizabeth, 04/01/2019
EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Loved my previous 2006 pilot! Upgraded this year. The sunroof on the interior rattles. Brought it in once and they said it was fixed. It's not. They are willing to take another look at it. Also the 3rd row didn't come with a floor mat. Weird, I think they forgot to put it in. I feel like I got a used car even though it was brand new. Hate the black carpet. It is lousy material and cheap. My 2006 had better plush carpet and it was gray, so much nicer. The carpet in the backseat is already wearing and I've only had it 4 months. Hopefully Honda will look at the interior and see they shouldn't go cheap!

Seats are extreme hard. Salesman was not honest

CAD, 05/12/2019
Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

We did not realize how hard and uncomfortable the front seats were until we took a trip from Texas to Florida. We had to stop every hour and a half due to pain in hip, moving down back side of leg. Very difficult to lean on the middle console, since there is not one. Thinking that the small arm rest may be part of the discomfort. When we purchased the vehicle we were told that it would have the hands free back hatch opener (foot wave) and would have signals on the mirrors to notify us of cars next to us. This vehicle has neither one of those options. If the seats were more comfortable, I could almost get over the other two in-truths we were told. I don’t see we will be able to use this $45000 vehicle for retirement traveling. Update: Contacted sales manager 3 times and never received a call back. During one conversation he suggested we buy cushions for the vehicle. For the price we paid, should we really have to purchase cushions? Attempted a trade in 6 months ago and would lose almost $7000 so decided to keep it and try again. May do that this December. Will definitely go back to Toyota or Chevy. Will never step foot in another Honda dealership!!

Happy Honda Owner

NHHonda2018, 01/22/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our first Honda (EX-L) and it replaced our 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited. We compared it with the Toyota Highlander, and the additional space, comfort, and refinement of the Honda convinced us to get the pilot. Nearly 2 years in and 30,000 miles, the car has been fantastic. I am hoping that it remains the case for 8+ more years as the Hyundai set the bar pretty high.

Why haven’t we been driving an AWD before now!

kenjac, 01/24/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We both luv our AWD Honda Pilot EX-L! We like the way it hugs the road whether we are driving in snow or rain. Traded in a van for this suv with all the safety features!

Our 2018 Pilot EXL AWD so far gives us no regrets.

Oddio03, 07/03/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We now have over 40k miles and it still runs and drives as well as when it was new. On some of the other reviews on here that are not as good I believe they are because they have the higher trim models (Touring and Elite) that have the newer push button 9 speed transmission (not perfected yet) and the Honda sensing (Too much new high tech, Also not perfected yet). IMO they were not worth the extra cost for what you get and that engine start stop feature that you cannot turn off permanently, I will not be surprised when complaints about having the starter replaced prematurely start to appear.