2018 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

2018 Honda Pilot Tech lackluster
By Sulu7

2018 Honda Pilot Elite w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

the 2018 Honda Pilot cannot connect via USB to important devices. You are forced to use bluetooth which means you will lack connectivity. They don't care and they can't fix it for you but wont tell you that til you already own it. The continental tires are poor, lose air and do not last (see other complaints). The "safety" systems are scare esp the lane keeping which jiggles the steering wheel on you. On a two lane road it will think you are about to crash head on and displays BRAKE!!. The captains seats have spaghetti sized arm rests which are too high up for a petite person ie unusable and therefore the driver right arm gets tired since it cannot rest. (middle console is low and not an armrest option. After all these years Honda still puts center console cup holders on top of each other instead of side by side across. Driver and front passenger hands collide when reaching for drinks. The econo system cycles to electronic to save gas but has an uncomfortable, jumpy and loud restart. If going from complete stop and need to go fast it cant do it. Lastly, the hatch has no auto stop if it encounters resistance like a roof or overhead beam. Integrated satellite antenna means it often drops signal from satellite radio.

Honda that turns me off to all Hondas???
By Noodles&Soup

2018 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying, I have loved every Honda I have ever owned. I actually am disappointed in this vehicle. I don't feel like it handles as well as my other cars (Accord EX-L, Pilot, Acura integra). Mileage is not the best. Difficult for kids to get in and out of the car (3 kids 8 & under) - get the running boards with littles. Kids constantly complaining it's too hot or too cold back there - cannot seem to get temperature right. Windows are all malfunctioning - they are all closed but when i return to my car they are slightly open already OR when i go to open the car door, the windows slip as if the suction from the doors being closed has caused some massive force and it slips open. This car may be what turns me off to Hondas now forever.

EX-L. 2018: AWD
By Fern

2018 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car can be a little noise on some pavements. I replaced my 2001 ACURA MDX with the ex-l in May of this year. Due to the back to back hurricanes, I took two 1500. Miles round trip from South Carolina to Florida. Mileage on highway averaged 29 MPH. Roomy, can carry up to 8 people. I don’t have the sensors that’s optional. And I added the rails and luggage rack. With serious radio, after 3 months you have the option to continue with cost.. I LOVE DRIVING MY SUV. I acquired my SUV in May of 2018

poor sccelation
By kal

2018 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

gas pedal hard to step /push on homestly to the point thst my foot is hurting .accelation when needed is lacking. front seats are tight and ridged .

Unusual noise
By Pasquale

2018 Honda Pilot EX-L w/Honda Sensing 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This my 4th Honda and by far my least liked. There is an unusual noise coming from under the rear area, (location unknown) when going over uneven pavement and small bumps. Sounds like metal to metal contact. I took to the dealer and they couldn't replicate the noise. Very frustrated after spending all that money for this vehicle. Quality has gone down dramatically. I am considering getting rid of it asap.