Used 2008 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Luxurious Appeal in a Budget-Friendly Package
By Ben

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

10 yrs later and this car still shows well, offering a somewhat timeless chiseled, truck-like design. People think my Pilot is much newer than it is. Leather interior is thick and holds up very well. Fake wood-grain trim looks fake, but the two-tone beige and brown interior is classy and up-scale looking. Only downside to this vehicle low fuel mileage (15-16 MPG Avg) and a sense that the vehicle is a tad underpowered. Vehicle has noticeable understeer, but it IS a big heavy truck/SUV so that's usually pretty par for the course. Fit & finish is top notch and has held up well .

This Honda "doesn't sell itself"
By Chris

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Granted we are on 9 nine years and 127k miles... however, it's been one problem after another (especially with the electric/sensors). We have kept it as up-to-date maintenance-wise as recommended. The catalytic converter even went... the catalytic converter! I grew up with Hondas... this is the last one.

Almost 160K miles and still going
By Dee

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

*Jan 2018 Update: still going strong...nearly 160K miles and still love this SUV. Minor issues such as a few burned out interior button lights. My 15yo daughter starts driving this summer and wants this one but not sure I want to give it up!

Bought my SE Pilot in December 2007 with 4 miles on the odometer...and have about 145K miles now. Yes I'm on my 4th set of tires in that time...but it's a heavy truck and I also like having some chunkier tires for the snow and ice in Maryland so those don't have great longetivity. My husband complains about the body roll but I drive this SUV daily and love it. We've done long trips and been comfortable overall, and I can certainly pack plenty of stuff in it, including the dog, when necessary. We've had lots of preventative and routine maintenance done on it to keep it going. A few minor electrical issues, including one time when the rear A/C stopped working, but my husband looked it up and bought a $300 part from the deal to fix it himself. Some of the interior panel lights are out now, so at night I can't see all of the buttons (such as for the A/C or vent controls) but I haven't bothered replacing those, and my front map lights stopped coming on when the doors opened. I know what it will take to replace that...but not sure I want the challenge of it quite yet. Also the very back bass speaker has always been just horrible, but when I read what it would take to replace that...again not sure it's that big of a deal to me. We replaced the brakes a few years ago with some high quality after market ones that have been better than the original brakes. Overall I love driving this truck, it's done great for me in snow and rain, and I'm in no hurry to part with it as long as it keeps driving as well as it does. It has some great acceleration when needed. I've started seeing a check engine light recently, on and off intermittently had the code read at a local auto store for free and it sounds like possibly the catalytic convertor isn't operating as efficiently as it should but since this only happens about once a month (maybe) and doesn't constantly happen I'm just planning on dealing with it for now.

9 GOOD Years
By Linda Carr

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I write this note after my 2008 Pilot has given me 9 really good years of reliable, safe and comfortable service. Other than routine maintenance, I've had no major or minor service emergencies or repairs for malfunctions in the mechanics of my vehicle. If you're fortunate to purchase a the same model with an owner as anal as myself about maintaining its scheduled maintenance, you can't go wrong. Take care of your Honda and it will take care of you!!

Great buy for long term ownership
By anh

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Built like a tank. Very sturdy. Bought in 2008 , no repairs required yet just routine maintenance. Paint and interior look brand new 8 years later. Great SUV