Used 2010 Honda Insight Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

A Commendable "Try" on Honda's Part
By Nigel Johnsfolly

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This has been, without a doubt, the least problematic car I have ever owned-- and that includes five Hondas. It has had ZERO defects, has never needed to go back to the dealer and has been dead reliable for 140,000 miles so far. The paddle shifter option is stupid for a car focused on gas scroogers, as is the tach with the CVT transmission. They could have eliminated that stuff and put in a back-up camera, which the car desperately needed. You can't see out the back worth a darn. The seats are not very comfortable, but other that the sport seats in a couple of sportier Civic hatchbacks I've had, no Honda seats have ever been very comfortable to me. Interior trim has been robust but is hard plastic and cheap looking. Economy has been better than expected. A light foot and highway cruising can get you up into the mid-40's MPG. Now depreciated, the second generation Insight would make a great used car value.

Better than Prius and cost less
By Stevesplanes

It was down to this car or the prius for a work car, I would pick this car. If you have to go through long traffic jams the Prius might do better but for overall value, but it drives great until need to pass on the highway.

A Little Insight on the Insight
By Brenden Hales

The car handles very well, the hybrid technology in the car itself is quite impressive. The only issue I have with the Insight is the amount of room in the backseat for passengers is cramped, and the blind spots in the car are something to note. Other than those two discrepancies, I find the car's fuel efficiency and its ergonomic design very strong selling points, and Honda never ceases to provide excellent services to their customers as well as make great vehicles.

One of my favorite cars for the money!
By Jake

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A great 2nd car. The model is no longer made, but if it was I would purchase it.

Inferior quality
By Jim Grace

The interior of the car (upholstery, rubber seals, steering wheel, carpets, arm rest, seats) has basically dissolved before my eyes. I only have 50K miles on the car and have treated it with care, but it has essentially fallen apart. It feels like I am riding in a piece of junk, but I am held hostage by the paltry $6,000 something of resale value (I doubt I could get that once someone looked inside). I am a value driver. I like to get my 100K miles out of a car then pay cash for the next one. Here I have 1/2 used the car, but the value is only 25% of the original cost. I feel completely ripped off.