Used 2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Don't do it!! Still feel the same in 2018!
By Gayle Stevens s

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

The bumper and pan underneath the car often catch on curbs and sloped driveways. This causes the panels on either side to loosen. The paint on the outsidefront scratches very easily. The headlights are difficult to change. The integrity of the front inside is poor. Particularly the driver's side shade. The flooring catches people's feet and has come loose. I would never but this car again.

150,000 miles and now some unscheduled repairs
By Angie

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved my 2008 Fit. I am the original owner, but suddenly I seem to be having problems. A few months ago, I had to have an ignition coil replaced. A few days ago, my AC compressor went out. But otherwise, it gets decent gas mileage and drives well - I have a manual. I love the seating configuration/versatility. It does have a road noise, but I've gotten used to it over the years.

Hurts every day to drive.
By Marisa Gomez

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

For those of average height and long legs, with the base model, since the fit doesn't have cruise control, you'll likely injure your ankle. The gas/brake pedals are extremely stiff so you need to constantly have your foot at an odd angle and tensed constantly (which makes for a jerky ride, especially at slower speeds). I was fine for the first 3 years of owning the car, but after a bumper to bumper road trip my ankle gave way and it's been hell to drive ever since. You constantly need to apply pressure at an obtuse angle when driving, and the seats can't be adjusted for height, so I have to use both feet to brake and switch off with my left foot to drive most of the time. Luckily, if you drive less than 25 miles a day you can kind of get away with it, but I'm seriously considering selling the car if it can't be fixed. What's weird is that my dealership hadn't heard of the issue before, so I'm not sure they can even fix it.

One of the best vehicles I've owned.
By George Dick

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

No center console or armrest.

Going on a Joy Ride
By Abigail Bibb

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Fit is a great car when it comes to storage and comfort. My mom has a Fit and when I was looking at cars I knew I wanted one like hers because it would aid me well getting around.