Used 2001 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

Used CR-V for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Love my CR-V

Jan, 08/02/2010

This is the best car I've every owned. My only complaint is that I like the style of the 2001 and that is not the style they are making now. I live in Alaska and drive in all sorts of weather. I will buy another one when this one wears out.

Endlessly Loving My 2001 CR-V

pjcook1, 09/19/2010

An excellent vehicle, excellent manufacturing, zero defects since day 1. Very good in snow/rain. Love the styling & feel. Good visibility. This is NOT a muscle car, poor acceleration to highway speed, difficulty getting out of its own way BUT hey, when you're doing 65 you're doing 65. Wind noise at speed. OK gas mileage 16-18 city; 20-21 hwy. Great ground clearance, jump curbs all the time to park or get out of minor physical jams (not always to the Mrs. liking).

Could be better

sean, 10/09/2005

A few things to like about it, but the balance tips towards the negative. I like the spacious interior, decent stereo, the ride (most terrain), reliability, and fuel economy. However, it seems designed for shorter people. There is plenty of head room, but the driving position and seat are not at all comfortable for my 5'11" frame. Driver's seat is brutal for anything more than a trip to the grocery store. Wheel tilt range is too limited. The armrest and door are useless for resting my arms: too narrow / hard. The ride over uneven road surfaces is nauseating since the front end bounces too much (replaced struts thinking they were bad). Torque steer, noisy engine, CD player needs more buffer.

Happy with my car

Julie, 05/11/2006

I'm very pleased with this car. I've had it for 5 years, do all the scheduled maintenance and haven't had any problems. It gets around great in the snow w/the AWD. This is the longest I've ever owned a car and plan on keeping it until it dies. There's plenty of room to haul stuff in the back w/the seats down. I did pay to add a passenger seat arm rest. I agree with some of the other reviews about the seats (not comfortable on road trips) and the steering wheel needs to tilt down a bit more. But overall I like it and would recommend it to anyone.

Good dash, questionable engine

Hondabuyer, 03/16/2007

You have to wonder what Honda was thinking with the engine-transmission combination in this SUV. This vehicle is so underpowered that it is almost dangerous on the freeway. You don't have enough extra power to avoid potential accidents (i.e. truckers changing lanes into you, ect.). 3rd and 4th gear are too close together requiring the vehicle to frequently shift down to 2nd gear simply to travel up and over overpasses or to maintain speed on hills. The result is rather poor fuel economy in freeway driving (25 MPG or less). Engine in my vehicle is plagued by misfires and a worn cylinder head. Some rust already visible below side windows. The dash doesn't rattle. That's worth something.

12345...19