Used 2001 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

Used CR-V for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Owned 5 of these. Great car.

Jordan, 06/20/2019
EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We've owned 5 of these ('97, 99, 00, 01, 01). Bought a used one for each of my kids and my wife ranging in model years from '97 to '01. They've been great cars. Not perfect mind you (the driver's seat needs more padding and you feel it on long trips, they're under powered and the tranny hunts gears too much climbing a grade [depending on model year]) but reliability has been outstanding. Cloth seat material and flooring carpet are indestructible as is interior plastic. Suspension is great. AWD is great. Engine and tranny are bullet proof. On all of ours we've run Mobil 1 synthetic oil with premium filters and did extended oil change intervals (15K miles). Timing belts and water pump need changing at 80-90k miles. Never had an issue with valves or overheating. Had to replace radiators in two vehicles (after 15 years of use). These cars are surprisingly good off-road (sand, rough gravel roads, etc.). With good tires, they do not get stuck. Fuel economy is decent 26-27 mpg on highway). Find a good Honda mechanic and do your periodic maintenance and these cars last forever. Could not be happier

Going Back to American

Edburhop, 07/23/2004

Well, a died in the wool Chrysler buyer bought a CRV because we liked the interior room and layout, and the price was good. We wanted to try Honda because we drive our vehicles forever, and heard the quality was excellent. Well, it is underpowered, and at 50000 miles we have a check engine light AGAIN!!! The software that determines the working of the transmission has had to be reloaded TWICE. We had another check engine light, and they charged us 112 bucks to give us a new GAS CAP. We are trading in this lemon and going back to American Cars. I guess the quality thing is just for Accords

Very reliable but a bit uncomfortable

shawn, 06/18/2008

Great car this one. With oil changes it goes and goes with only minor repairs. I will definitely buy a Honda again just not a CRV. Our kids are getting older and the back seat is the most uncomfortable rear seat I have ever sat in. The kids hate it! Very poor rear seat design. Other than that a good little car. Perfect for two people.

Great little car

world traveller, 01/17/2010

I've driven this car on four different regions of the world, in North America, in Africa, in Europe, and now in the Middle East. It's done very well in European snow, in African desert and washboard dirt roads. It's little 4 banger and AWD have done fine in loose sand. It's been rock solid reliable, with regular oil changes and air filter replacements. The radiator died in 2007, but no other problems. It's acceleration leaves a little to be desired, especially up a hill. However, it's been perfect for this world traveling family. The added ground clearance and AWD have been perfect for a family that never knows what kinds of roads we'll find at our next home.

Loving my cr-v

john, 06/26/2010

I've had my cr-v for over 5 years now. It's great to drive in this little cutie. It's peppy enough for me. Great on gas and always gets me to point a and b and then some. I purchased it with 45,000 miles. It s just over 140,000 now it runs like a champ. I recommend anyone to purchase a great vehicle like this. You won't be disappointed.

12345...19