Used 2001 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

Used CR-V for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Keeps going and going almost 200,000 miles

fred scott, 06/02/2009

I purchased it new back in March of 2001. It is the best reliable little truck I have ever owned. With regular oil changes this baby will go forever. Change the timing belt at 100,000 miles and that clunking noise in the front end is minor - just replace the sway bar end links and bushings, no more clunking. I will not part with the crv; great in the rain and snow with high ground clearance. Recommend Yokohama trz tires... Buy it used, you don't even need a warranty - great reliability.

Great auto

LK, 02/26/2016
LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine new then bought 2 more used for college students. All 3 are still going strong with no more than routine maintenance. My 16 y.o. son get handed down one of them and I've warned him if he wrecks it they'll be h*ll to pay. Best car purchases I've ever made.

Fun for 7 years

GFR, 07/16/2009

CR-V's are fun, comfortable, workhorses of a car-SUV-Offroad vehicle. Very, very low maintenance costs - less than $800 in repairs in 120,000 miles plus being towed 50,000 too. Great gas mileage - 28-30 mpg when on the highway and 25 in town. Good comfort, easy storage, easy to maintain, easy to cleanup and easy on the pocket book too. Only one complete set of tires plus two for front due to towing. And it is still worth $7,000 after paying $20,000 for it 7 years ago - can't beat that! We have used only synthetic oil and change it every 7500 miles - again real simple and inexpensive. Could be a good college car for a guy or gal. And Honda has a great rep too!

Nothing could be finer

Dimo, 11/30/2010

We bought our CR-V in 2003 at 35,000 miles now we have 197,654 hoping to go 1 million great travel auto can drive forever in comfort. I'm looking for a 2nd one with about 50,000 miles on it I have 2 brand new cars and i love to drive this unit. nothing could be finer than to drive to Carolina from Mass. in my CR-V

Good Car

sl, 07/11/2007

This car has been most reliable, and that's why I bought it. Plenty of room for loading up during trips to Home Depot - an amazing amount of space for a small car. It's a 4 cylinder, so it has enough power but lacks zip. But the car is what it is. It's functional, not hip. One weird quirk, and maybe it's just me, but the car seems to be prone to having windshield cracks due to pebbles and rocks projected from other vehicles on the highway. I'm 6'2" and I find this car to be a comfortable ride, plenty of head room. The odometer reads 122,000 miles and I just had my first breakdown, a blown head gasket. Otherwise, the only problems have been basic stuff, battery, tires.

12345...19