Used 1999 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Satisfied
By Ann

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my 1999 CRV new and have been very satisfied with it's reliability and functionality. I haul around a dog, groceries, sports equipment and kids with backpacks. I can't think of another car that is better suited for what I need. I owned two Camrys prior to this CRV and I can say for sure that the CRV's interior features are poorer quality than Toyota and here are some examples: stereo was horrible in the CRV but good in the Camry, air conditioning is horrible in the CRV but awesome in the Camry. The CRV doesn't have much "get up and go" if I need to accelerate quickly from a stop. I LOVE the AWD feature and it is fun to drive in the snow.

AWD and high reliability. I like that is has a high clearance.

Improve on the cheap interior.

1999 Honda CR-V
By kjipaulson

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I have had my 1999 Honda CR-V for about 5 years. My main complaint about it is has no get up and go. When I hit the gas, it is pretty sluggish. I put some aftermarket things in it to improve gas mileage. It is a very reliable car, though, and it gets me where I want to go.

A bigger engine would be very helpful.

Small SUV
By Great Small SUV

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

We purchased this vehicle 6+ years ago because we intended to own it for a long time. It has proven to be an excellent purchase. 4 cyl engine with automatic transmission has always been a little sluggish but has been very reliable and dependable. Only expenses have been front brake pads, tires and regular maintentance. All of the recommendations for improvements for this model (armrest for passenger seat, etc) have already been made including more horse power. Gas mileage has been about 22-28 MPG overall. We will buy another CRV in a couple of years.

Interior is very nice. Great upholstery.

Honda has already made the improvements.

A jack of all trades...
By gericked

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I moved to the mountainous region of Tenn. from Florida and had to reluctantly trade in my BMW 328 for a vehicle that was more suitable. I loved my BMW... don't get me wrong, but I have no regrets. My CR-V was used with 72000 miles and have now 104000 miles. I have had no problems. Maintenence is too easy! This vehicle does what a vehicle is supposed to do and more. It performs and handles like a car, yet can haul a washing machine. It can go off paved roads, as well as take my business associates to lunch and I always get comments on it. This car is a status symbol: means you are can do it all.

Practical. Fuel efficient. Reliable. Sure-footedness.

More comfortable driver seat and steering wheel adjustability.

Nice Little SUV
By coboarder

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I've owned this car for a few months now, and have really put it to the test. I have horses - and have never gotton stuck in the mud. Taken it skiing 3 times now, and it never slips - even on 7% grades on solid snow pack. Reliable, practical (good gas mileage) but needs more power. Does okay on mountain passes as long as it's not too heavily loaded.

All wheel drive seems to work well, I like the overall design. Easy to drive, reliable.

My car has a huge amount of road noise. Over 80 mph, the right side begins to make a very noticeable rattle. Some of the seals are not holding up. Highway mileage drops because RPMs are high, at 80 mph you're wrapped up to 4,000 rpm in 5th gear.