Used 1999 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

My CR-V Josephine is the best car ever!
By Carolyn

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

My Honda CR-V has lasted 19 years and has 218 plus miles on the odometer. She has been a great car! Very reliable, fuel efficient, safe, easy to drive and comfortable. Looking to buy a new one soon.

Best snow car I have ever owned
By Cindy

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I live in Colorado and I have a 60 mile commute, so I need a car that can handle snow and a car that I'm not afraid to put a lot of miles on. I've had this car for 3 years and I love it. I'm at 255,000 miles and I expect to get another 100,000 out of this car based on how it has treated me so far. MINOR CONS: It is noisy and my tall husband (6'2") can't get the seat back far enough for comfort, and the cup holders are shallow so coffee mugs have a tendency to fall out but other than those issues it is a great car. Its a nice size, wonderful visibility, and ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL IN THE SNOW, uphill or down.

What an excellent car
By Tyler Chaffee

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I just rolled over to 180,000 miles and my green cr-v still runs like the day I bought it (now I know why I see so damn many of these around. They last forever!). Though the car is a little on the uncomfortable side, with hard, non-supportive seats and loud road noise, it has a unique charm to it and is fun to drive. Handling is super responsive, giving good road feel and traction is superb due to the awd. It revs up high, and has good power above 4000 rpm XD. Shifts are a little bit rough at lower speeds, and the transmission seems to need fluid changes often. I'd say no more than 30-40k between tranny fluid changes or you'll probably regret it. Braking feel is perfect, and the brakes themselves work extremely well and are quite sharp on response.

Overall this is one of the most talked about and recommended choices for reliable transportation, and for good reason. While I try not to jump on the Honda fanboy bandwagon (all manufacturers have bad years or models), this car makes it especially hard not to, as it has treated me so well. I use it for long distance trips, and as a delivery vehicle, and it has yet to let me down, outside of regular maintenance and small bits here and there. The only things I've needed to replace (besides tires, etc.) are a control arm bushing, a cv joint boot, and an engine mount (all well under 100$). The damn thing still has the original battery. It doesn't get much better than this! What a freaking great car.

crv
By mack

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

It was a great SUV. Enjoying going fishing,hunting,camping, and road trips with it. But any crv from year 1996 to 2000 has recall on ignition/electrical problem. My 99 crv die on me a few times when i was driving, everything shut down, hard to steer the wheel, brake padel was hard to press on. Any automatic AWD transmission has problem . AWD transmission cost from $750 to $1200. FWS transmission is about half the price. Most older model 4WD crv being sold on craigslist had transmission problem.

Love My Honda
By hondalover31

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I purchased my 1999 Honda CRV in Feb. 2008. It had 98,000 miles on it. Other than the timing belt and regular ware and tear it has been an excellent car. I now have 267,000 miles on it!!!! I recommend honda to anyone who asks..both my kids drive a honda and my dad just bought his first honda a year ago!