2018 Honda Clarity Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Clarity Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Clarity model:

Very Happy with this Car
By RickSE

2018 Honda Clarity Hybrid Touring Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just went to test drive it and didn’t intend to trade in my ‘16 Accord Touring. Got 4.5k off msrp, $7.5k tax credit and $2.5k in state rebates - and 0.9% financing. Battery gets me round trip on my commute without gas, and getting 45 mpg with gas only. Very comfortable car. Handles great with plenty of room for kids. Honda has had two service bulletins fixing a few things people complained about. It’s new technology and some blips are to be expected. This car is very inexpensive for what Honda delivers. I don’t regret this decision in the slightest. Test drive one and you will see. This is a great car with no compromising.

Amazing Car
By Suzanne Gordon

What other car offers such a range of electric driving combined with hybrid battery mileage? I know of none so far. I loved my Fusion Energi which was user friendly for this senior citizen, but the range was not enough to drive with plug in only. I live in the country and sell real estate so my driving range can be longer than a normal daily commute. My 2018 Honda Clarity Touring, after driving over 10,000 miles in eight months is averaging 125 miles to the gallon. I usually go three weeks to four weeks before filling up the seven (7) gallon gasoline tank I like being ego friendly and I'm thankful for the technology Honda put into making my 2018 Clarity an outstanding car.

Extremely disappointed!
By Yan

Car delivered by SB Honda with 160 miles, came from other dealer that had it for 6 months. It was dirty inside, lots of marks on outside, dead battery (yes on an electric car and the service guy has the guts to say: there is a full tank of gas)!! The car was steering to the right, rear panel had to be repainted because of a ding. I feel like I was sold a used vehicle with problems. Paperwork was already signed so I was stuck with it. Electronic problems after 2 days: back up camera not working, radio frozen for 3 days, A/C not turning on, engine turning on by itself multiple times when battery was full and I had never even touched the HV mode, then after about 18 different issues (still waiting for tech guy at that point) the battery indicator went down to 1 bar on the display (not possible per Honda) and the engine started to scream like we were pedal to the metal and at same time we lost speed down to 36 mph on freeway. So scary that I told dealership to come a pick the car up. Dealer called Honda tech, never anyone showed up and still 2 month later we are waiting. Service department put on service receipt that alignment is ok, cannot reproduce issues or wrote that sales department will show client how to operate HV mode. Really? They all that repair? Now it’s been over 2 months, car still at dealership, I have no car to drive but make payments, Honda does not want to help and sends us to dealer. Dealer says to deal with Honda. About to go the legal way or let dealership buy the piece of s... back from us. Don’t care how much I lose, I will not drive an unsafe and not fixed vehicle. After 20 Honda dirt bikes, multiple Hondas & Acuras I am so disappointed that I will never buy another Honda. And btw the stereo sucks, check the watts and compare to other models before you buy. It is as bad as Honda’s customer service!

Clarity PHEV Plug in Charging System Problems !!!!
By In a Daze about my new Clarity

I just bought my Honda Clarity in July 2018. Now I am getting a Plug in Charging System Problem Range Limited Error Message and my engine light is on.. Apparently Honda has known about this problem since January but had done nothing to fix it. I received this error message from the same 240 volt charger I have always charged my car from at work. The charger is not a Charge Point charger and it has to be a glitch in the car's software because nothing else in my charging habits have changed. Please take note, that your car will not charge properly when you get this error so always make sure you have gas in your tank as a back up, just in case you get stranded some where....

Great commuter and family car
By RP

2018 Honda Clarity Hybrid Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent value, makes commute easy and safe. Excellent for family trips with children.