2017 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Slick and fast
By Gary

2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX w/Honda Sensing 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is amazing, safest vehicle on the road in crash safety ratings in its class. The sensing package is great for long distance driving adaptive cruise control lane keep assist. I can literally use my knees rested on steering wheel to drive the car on highway. Interior is nice. Now the flaws. Sensing has issues in heavy rain or snow. The headlights could be brighter. The wheel wells vs size of wheels. Seems that the wheels could of been a bit bigger. Handles like a dream though, touchy brakes make you feel safe. Trunk has adequate space with fold down seats. It's clean will turn heads. And get you compliments. Gas mileage varies on how you drive coming home from WV i achieved 41 plus on highway using cruise control. 2.0 liter has ample power and gas gage will drop when laying into gas. No e brake only a little electronic switch. Lots of add on a for interior available. If you tint the rear window it will become almost impossible to reverse without the back up camera at night. All in all though I love mine. No serious maintenance only routine oil changes. And whatever scheduled maintenance says.

LX 6M
By Rick

2017 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This 2017 Civic LX I have owned for over a year and put 13.8k on it driving to Maine and Florida. Even with lack of lumbar adjustment the seat is comfortable for long day of driving. The car is peppy and the handling is actually fun. The trunk is good sized and doing doing chores and grocery shopping etc are made easier with nice lift over height. My mileage on trips is well over 40 usually around 43.6mpg. My around town mileage is around 30-36mpg. I do not beat the car but I do drive 70+ on the Thurways. It drives and feels like the day I picked it up new. I would highly recommend. Room for four and it makes the driver feel like he is in a sports car.

STAY AWAY(DO NOT BUY) 2017 CIVIC
By Dont repeat my mistake

2017 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First off bought a brand new 2017 Civic with 6 miles on it and was initially satisfied even though these cars are somewhat overpriced. 3 weeks in and 1500 miles later an AC hose and another AC related component literally fell from underneath the dash board while I was driving. Called the dealer who sold me the car and he could care less about me or my issue and simply said "lets play devils advocate if u complain Honda could simply say its how u drive the car and what u use it for that caused these AC components to fall from underneath the dashboard" keep in mind I paid $3048 for a warranty so he says take it to Honda repair....I do they fix it and im on my way. A month later the rear interior carpet starts to come loose from the frame (YouTube this issue other 2016/17 civic owners have the same problem) fast foward 13 months 50,000 miles later the AC stops working. I live in NYC where its only hot for 11 weeks a year so this AC only lasted 1 summer before it crapped out. Again I go to the dealer and in the midst of a week long 100 degree heat wave I have no AC....it takes the dealer 3 WEEKS to finally get the clutch and coil the 2 parts that due to mechanical failure stopped the AC from working. The Honda parts and repair manager of this particular facility simply said BLAME HONDA its not us is HONDA. My first brand new Honda experience was ruined and I will NEVER purchase another car new or used from any Honda dealer again. The only thing impressive about the 2017 Civic is its mpg, other than that your in for a headache with this car.

Overrated,I think
By peter panero

2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX-T 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I'm 5ft. 7in. tall, over 60 yrs. old......not so easy to get in/out of this car, seems too low to the ground, doors are heavy and seem "stiff" to open. Lots of "turbo/transmission lag"on take-off,but Power is good above 3000 R.P.M.though Sharp steering/braking. Poor center console and armrests, too many hard surfaces..... . Low seating....insufficient height adjustment. Would not recommend fo people over 60 yrs. old.....Drivers and passengers. Very good fuel economy. Will not buy again,,,,,A Toyota Corolla suits me better. Overpriced overall, I think.

Honda Good Guys
By Mike Rhodes

2017 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Honda is a good guy company focused on great service, reliable well made product line with great resale value. I have/do own two Honda Civic LX base models. They are well equipped with snappy performance. Both my 2017, and 2018 have beautiful lines, 16 inch tires, great handling and ample trunk space. The interior is well appointed which include back up camera, big screen display for electronics, bluetooth and a great sounding stereo. The seats hold you snugly in turns and are big and comfy. The tan color seats look like leather the fabric is so nice. Overall I rate my Honda's Five Stars.