Used 2012 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great on Gas
By David Rodgers

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very reliable, excellent gas mileage

Great enonomy ride
By WK Mac

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car far exceeded my expectations. It's a winner.

I love my Civic!
By Annie

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my 2012 Honda Civic. I switched to Honda a couple years ago and I am so glad I did. At 6 years old, my previous car (not a Honda) had already blown through a starter and an alternator along with other random things that would happen to it. My Civic is very reliable and gives me NO problems aside from the normal wear and tear that every car goes through. My only issue is the paint. This was a known issue awhile back where several Hondas made in certain years had very weak paint jobs. The slightest, and I mean just a light swipe into it with a laptop bag or purse will create an obvious scratch. Granted, I do have a black Civic, but it seems it shouldn't be this easy to impact the paint job. Luckily, I was able to get some paint in the door jam fixed through my warranty and I did some other body work myself in order to avoid rot in the future. It also can be difficult to see if you're short. You can jack the seat up but you still won't be able to see everything around you so you have to be extra careful when backing up or parking. Later models have the backup camera so that is a great improvement. Structurally, this car is wonderful. I am considering getting a second vehicle so that I can have 4 wheel drive, but I love my Civic so much that I will not get rid of it until I have to. I hope Honda keeps making cars like this, I will be a Honda customer for life.

CNG Automobile has carpool access
By John Cox

2012 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda Civic performance is excellent, but CNG vehicle carpool access is awesome for a commuter.

Honda Civic LX Sedan
By Anallely Bravo

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

It's a great car overall, it's a standard model for those who are just in need of a very reliable car. Horsepower/ throttle aren't the greatest but it does save lots of gas. When I first bought it I was a little nervous because my car would shake a lot white shifting into gear TWO. I told me dealership about it and they said it was nothing because the cars sit there without being driven. A month later the shaking has gone away & it's been good so far.