Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2009 Civic EX L
By MJ

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great Gas Mileage , easy to service . I do my own service , only thing that has gone out was the blower fan under the dash. Took 5 min to replace . $50 bucks ..runs perfect, now has 125K on it. All Honda need regular transmission Service , watch video and you will see how easy it is to do. In extreme conditions or super hot weather it is even more important.

nice car for younger people
By badges

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven this car since 2009 and my other vehicle is a Subaru Outback then Crosstek. THe honda sits low to the ground. Getting in and out can be challenging. There is no real pickup when trying to enter the highway so you must be careful. Gas mileage is OK. A good car to commute but I would not buy another one.

The Energizer Bunny of Cars!
By JaneBB

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love Hondas because they are fun to drive and don't break. Over the years I've spent money on this one for oil, tires, tune-ups, cabin air cleaners, wiper blades, one transmission fluid change, and a driver-side door checker (the gizmo that makes the door stay open when the car is on an angle). I trust the car to work, and it has never let me down. The instrumentation is awesome, the seats are comfortable, the sound system suits me, and the visibility is great for a small car. It has lots of cubbies and storage inside and the trunk is roomy. My only two "dings" involve (1) cabin noise (it could be quieter) and (2) figuring out where in the hell the front of the car is located! The aerodynamic shape means the driver can't see the front of the car hood AT ALL. I solved this by driving around with a peacock feather inserted between the license plate frame and the bumper for the first two years. It was elegant looking and, more important, it showed me where the front of the car is! Nevertheless, I'm sure I have ground off the entire air dam under the front bumper/engine area as it is just too close to the road, parking standards, etc. Since it has not seemed to affect my gas mileage, I'm not going to worry about it. All in all, this is a GREAT little car. With so many on the road, parts and service are easy to come by if needed, and it doesn't attract attention (no speeding tickets despite a heavy foot). I've camped for five days with this car, including a spouse, a tent, an air mattress and foam pad, food, firewood, gear, etc. The sunroof option is perfect for hauling the odd long piece of lumber or PVC; I even managed to invert a 12-foot ladder and drag it home. This car is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Did I mention it is fun to drive? :)

Owned for 4 good years!
By Joel Corprew

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine pre owned with 60k miles back in 2013 and just sold mine December 2017 and it’s the best first car ever to own. No major problems other than my coolant hoses blowing but that’s it! I’ve done the oil changes myself using Mobil 1 full synthetic and k&n oil filters and it ran like a champ! I was modded as well with the eibach pro kit suspension, spec d tuning exhaust, momo steering wheel, and injen cold air intake. I did about 7 road trips in that car and ended up selling it with 132k I loved that car to death but I upgraded to an S2000 now. The only complaint was power 1.8 I4 I believe was pushing 140hp many other cars were pushing slightly more but the car did rev up to almost 7k with a very light vtec so you’d really have to drive it hard to make it some what fun

Reliable transportation
By dee A

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car to purchase