Used 2002 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...69

Pros
Cons

I want to like it...

Lauren, 01/08/2010

I got this car from my Mom, and when she had it she had 0 problems with it. Now that I inherited it, I am having all sorts of problems. Car idles VERY roughly at start, bucks and shudders sometimes while accelerating particularly between 50-60 mph, sometimes hard to accelerate. This problem is intermittent so it's been hard to diagnose and so far no one has been able to fix it. It makes driving the car a huge pain when it's happening. Check engine light has been on for a while now. Always took care of it and brought it in for routine care. Really, really disappointed.

My Honda Civic 2002 Ex (Automatic)

Raj, 02/10/2010

I love my 2002 Honda Civic Ex. I bought this car about 1 year back and already have put 9000 miles on it. Currently the odometer reads 67000 miles. This is a small beautiful car with a wonderful gas millage. With an automatic transmission I get about 25-26 miles/gallon in the city and 32-35 miles/gallon on the highways. Other than the usual regular scheduled maintenance I the car requires nothing and runs perfectly fine. I changed the battery this winter. The only complain with this car is its poor factory installed audio/speaker system.

Nice car with a nice price.

Patrick C, 07/09/2002

I just got this car about two weeks ago, and I love it ever since I drove out from the dealership's parking lot. The transmission look weird at first, but once you start changing gears, it'll became second nature to you. And the seat, it's just the best seat I have ever sat in! (Under $20K) It got really good support to your back and torso, and the steering wheel, it's give you the feeling that you are driving an S2000 (no kidding!) To sum it up, the SI might not be the fastest car you've ever drove, but for a car that's give you so much fun (and standard equipments) well under $20K, who really care ;-)

Better to drive than to look @

Nautiker, 08/08/2002

leasing this 02 SI for 3yrs. have had nothing but Honda's in the past. Wasn't too crazy about the looks, but once I drove it. Sold! A great combination of handling, power, and interior asthetics in a fun to drive car. Considered the Protege' 5 and felt more confident in the refinement and dependability of a Honda. Not crazy about the looks, definitely needs larger rims and tires, and maybe a body kit. High cowl doesn't help. Otherwise, a great car for the money!

so slick

Pony Killer, 09/05/2002

i sold my integra gsr, and bought this little rocket. its not as fast as the gsr, and its not quite as fun to drive. i think i like it better, though. the interior is better than that of ANY car that costs less than $50,000. the seats? you can't beat them. while this car usually comes in in the middle of the pack in shootouts, one thing to consider, is that this car is cheaper (mine was $17,300), and all the others come w/ 17" X 7" wheels. the civic comes with 15" X 6"'s. with the same wheel and tire setup as the others, i think the civic would win most of these camparos. when you factor in honda's reliability and resale value, you can't go wrong.

12345...69