Used 2002 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 341 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The very epidamy Quality and Value
By John Holmes

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was with my son when he purchased this car back in August of 2002 as a graduation gift for himself. He drove it until November of 2008 putting 50K on it with only scheduled maintenance and a set of tires. When he announced he was going to buy a new car - I told him "Just drive it over to my house and park it in the driveway and let me know how much I owe you." - which he did. I've driven it another 50K with only scheduled maintenance up until this past summer when I decided to buy a new car. But, after changing my mind and deciding to keep it, at 107,000 replaced the water pump and timing belt "just in case" and put a new set of Michelin Defender 90K tires mounted on Konig-Z wheels. Despite the salt they put down on our Michigan roads, it still has no rust any where - I can't afford to let go something this dependable, getting 35+ city and 42+ MPG on the highway. Sure hope I can be so lucky when we actually DO purchase our next car.

Reliable
By Cody

2002 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Have about 200,000 miles on mine with extremely little maintanance. Ac went out a few years back. Other than that it's just been normal small repairs. The car isn't made to hotrod. It's made for reliability and fuel mileage. As long as you don't let the engine overheat you should have no problems with the head gasket. 5 stars

Civic Club
By Richard

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great car for going A to B economically. Not a sports car or even sporting looking. But bought used at reasonable price , most repairs were simply wear related ( tires, brakes) at a reasonable rate.

Avoid this car!
By pat osborne

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Honda had to pay some buyers for the flawed auto transmission & flawed strut mounts (that's what those clunks are from). It's sort of an Accord want-a-be. Very unsatisfying to me. A bore to drive. Honda quickly updated the 2003-05. I'm unhappy! This is my 12th Honda and this is my first lemon Honda! On the good side, it's a simple car with little else to go wrong but it's not a fun car.

my baby
By Michelle G.

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Almost at the 200K mark with routine maintenance. I love my car. With studded tires I can zip around with no problems whatsoever in the winter. Reliability is of paramount importance to me and I'll be keeping her until she blows up on the side of the road. Hell, we all gotta go sometime...