Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 224 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Loves at first sight turned to disgust!
By Jordan

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Amazing gas mileage. I average in the mid to upper 30's and have gotten close to 700 miles per tank. And I don't drive like a grandma. But after only 3 months and 10k miles the love affair is over! After being only a Honda owner I just knew this one would be great like the rest of them. The CVT is horrible in this car. It's jerky at times and sluggish. Other times it performs smoothly for is zippy. It seems like this is a common issue. You just never know what's it's going to do, so sometimes when pulling out into traffic I have to second guess myself. Not a good thing. Honda has really lost a loyal customer. It's a beautiful car, but performs horribly. If they replaced the transmission it would really make it a much better car. Seriously considering trading it and taking the huge financial hit. It's that bad!

AMAZING
By Crane Operator

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just rolled over 87K miles on my '13 Sport purchased in 3/13. It's my 19th Honda (all with 4 cylinder, manual transmissions) and I can't say ANYTHING bad about it. It's an amazing car! I've owned several Accord EX-L's ('91,'96, '99, '06), a couple Civic Si's and this car leaves them all in the dust. The best part is that it does all that "fun to drive" stuff at plus 30 mpg! I've never reset the "B" trip odometer since new so I have an overall running accounting of 32.6 mpg. At some times, when driving a long distance on a single tank I've topped 40 mpg on the "A" trip odometer and can regularly hit 38.5 mpg in the same scenario. What's not to like? My car has never needed any dealer work other than scheduled maintenance, which I'm religious about. It's still on the original rear brakes and the front pads have only been changed once. It came on Michelins and I've kept it on them replacing the originals at 62K. if I had any criticism of the car at all, it would be that I wish it had a leather seat option. The cloth seats function excellent but the fabric shows any liquid stain, no matter how slight, even sweat. That fact deters from the overall "pizazz" of the interior. I bought this model because it had the 4 cylinder, manual tranny combo as the stock set up. Why pay extra for what you don't need. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!

Honda Accord EX-L V6
By Layne Norman

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great looking car, full of performance, and new technology. I haven't owned the car a full month yet, but here is my take on it. The CVT transmission takes a bit of getting used to, if you haven't owned one. Would like it better if Honda would make it a rear wheel drive. The V6 is great, if you like to get up and go, but the 4-banger is fine for most of us, I have owned 4 previous Honda's, a Prelude, Civic, and two Accord Sedans. Honda makes a dependable car, good gas millage, performance, low road noise, and a good looking car, that plenty of other car companies have tried to copy. I'm still getting used to the electronics, a good bit more advanced than previous cars I have owned. I have figured out most everything I need to know, but being close to the age of sixty, I still prefer things simple. I'm pretty sure this car is made for younger drivers, but I'm still young at heart, and really enjoy driving, and owning this coupe.

Black Beauty
By robert tolbert

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This Honda has been the best one of all the previous ones (7) I've owned! I have had no problems with it over the past 3 plus yrs.!!

The CVT Transmission Is Garbage
By Elvin

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The car is typical decent Honda, except for 2 things: 1. The radio and speakers are garbage and 2. The CVT transmission is pure garbage. It feels like a little man is in my transmission manually shifting my car for me, but he doesn't know how to shift properly. The CVT transmission violently jerks all the time. Honda really dropped the ball on the CVT transmission.