Used 2002 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 270 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Catchy title
By Grog

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

A good car pretty much all around with the exception of the transmission which was known to be troublesome for this model year. My 2002 accord had to have the transmission replaced 2 times. Very fortunately for me, the dealer was aware of this problem and covered the needed repairs. Have not had a transmission problem since the last occurrence about 8 years ago. This old girl now has more than 200k miles on her and she still runs fine.

F23a4
By rceniceros5

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used $1500 @ 148,000 tranny slipping Installed used JDM $450 low miles & $300 install. Runs great no leaks AC cold. Bought leather interior LEATHER! panels $150 & seats $300 Looks like new. Very reliable and great on gas. Big car and good acceleration. Wouldn't sell or trade my LX-L. You can see it on Youtube. "Cleanest 02 Accord LX-Leather 2.3l"

Car Lasted 14 years!
By NJ

2002 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased a no-frills new car back in 2002, and we have been quite pleased. Only in the past 12 months have we had increased service issues. Sad to see it go. Would purchase a new one.

Can't beat it
By Je'hu 222

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second 2002 accord. I wrecked the first one. I just use as a daily commuter. I couldn't be happier. I bout it with 103,000 miles on it. What other car can you buy with 100k and still be confident? It now has 151k and it rides like new. All I have replaced is a spring in the clutch that broke (250) and a wheel hub (180). The interior is simple. I will say for this year this accord is about as big as the new civic. For 2001 and 2002 I would stay away from the automatic transmission 4 cylinder, They had problems. My manual doesn't slip. Also I see accords here and there with bad fading paint but mine is holding. I just got my wife an 07 accord based on edmunds reviews. She had an 03 Camry and everything was dying at 150k. So I can confidently recommend this car. Oh and average 29-30 mpg mixed. (432 miles per tank)

Life in an Accord
By Steven English

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Verify basic maintenance has been maintained and this car will last! The only issue I've ever had is having the transmission replaced at 20k miles. I have owned four Accords. This is now a hand me down for my son as I have a newer model. Drive it, maintain it and it will last forever!