Used 1998 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best used car ever
By Jim

1998 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this from the original owner as is. It gets about 34 mph and drives very nice. Never had to do any matinance and it has 235000 miles on it. Just oil and break pads. If I find another I will buy it as a back up.

1998 Honda Accord, 4 door, manual transmission
By John Davis

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used in 1999; it was one year old and had 60,000 miles on it. it now has 328,000 (June, 2018). This is positively, the best car I have ever owned. Routine maintenance and inspections have been done "per the book," 3,000 mile oil changes, and kept mostly in a garage. I never use the local dealership unless I have to... have long said the worse thing about Honda is the dealership maintenance. My maintenance has been done by a private garage; excellent mechanics who take pride in their work, charge a fair price, and use Honda parts; I've never been disappointed !! Never had any transmission or clutch problems, drive the car gently and get about 33 mpg on the road and about 29-30 around town. The paint is and has been peeling for quite some time (I don't care) and there is some rust in front of both the rear wheel wells (I don't care). The driver's seat is excellent, fits me perfectly. The interior has not torn or worn out. The radio and tape deck, both aftermarket, have long since quit :-( My goal is 500,000 miles !!! And, by the way, this is an American made car by Honda near Columbus, Ohio. Thanks Honda and American workers, for an excellent product !!!

Great car for my size
By David W

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I stand 6'4 and I find this car roomy. Not just headroom but also leg. I do not like a narrow cockpit as this is uncomfortable on my legs/knees. Plus a person still fits behind my seat. Big trunk, easy to reach controls, super reliable. Perfect size for me. I purchased this car in 2013 with 132,000. Still own and now at 165,000. Replaced brakes once, catalytic converter/exhaust, upgraded faded headlamps/bulbs, K & N air filter, performance radiator hoses and radiator (at this age it is recommended to replace the radiator as it is plastic, tightening new clamps will most likely destroy worn openings). I'm now experiencing some emission issues and the dreaded p1457 code. I'm pretty much all in on this car due to new parts and comfort of ride so I'll work to figure this out. Clear coat faded so it looks poor but not that important to me.

Best caar evet
By Anna

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

As long as u do all the required maintenance she will last ! My old besty will be 20 years old next year. I plan to drive her till she drops...

w/ the 5 speed=perfect daily driver
By Nate

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Clear coat peel is a major problem with this particular year and model Honda, first year of water born clear coat as opposed to oil. Motor itself is bulletproof reliable, think AMC/Jeep 4.0, Ford 4.6, GM 3.8, etc. These motors are that rugged! Use a high quality oil/filter and change them every 5k miles and these things will literally run forever. Do yourself a favor for both drivings sake, as well as stated reliability, and find yourself one equipped with the 5 speed manual transmission. Currently at 214,000 miles and climbing on mine. Dollar for dollar you will not find a better daily driver. First year for the transponder key which is huge on these cars in terms of theft deterrent. My only gripe is the lack of leg room in the front seats for plus 6 footers, and the lack of availability of a V6/manual trans Sedan in this generation.