Used 2014 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

Used Terrain for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Freezing in rear seat

N. Norwell, 03/01/2019
SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really love the style of this vehicle. As I describe it as a boxy look. Buy being boxy it gives you more head room in the cargo area when putting in and taking out cargo. I also like the split seat in the back. Very convenient when hauling long items. Interior is very nice. Love the leather interior with heated seats. There are 3 things I really dislike about the Terrain. #1) The heating system is not what it should be. I have to set the heat between 76 & 80 and having to keep switching the settings back and forth from windshield to feet. Does not make for safe driving, also makes it hard to listen to the radio at a normal level or have a conversation. There is no heat to back seat area, other then the heat from the front. Believe me this is not sufficient to keep the rear windows from fogging up all the time & roasting those sitting in front. #2) is the lack of adjusting the passenger's seat up and down. My husband has a very difficult time getting in and out that side as the seat is set to high. #3) is the gas mileage. It's a four cylinder with eco. I get 2 more miles per gallon then I did with my previous car which was a v6. It's sluggish on highway when trying tp pass other vehicles.

2014 GMC SLE-2

Richard P, 09/01/2020
SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle as a certified pre owned with 11k on the clock. I now have 81K now major issues. Upgraded the tires to Continental Eco's and use 0/20 change at 5k intervals. My 2.4L engine delivers 22+ in the city and have gotten as much as 36+ mpg, when I run the tires at 39PSI... My only complaint,, small.. is that rear passengers have some complaint about air conditioning, I now use both upper and lower vent settings and on high setting,they get enough cooling in the back seat. All and all it has been a very reliable ride.

Too Hot, Too Bad

bonabob1, 06/30/2014
SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Well, the test drive went pretty well. That is because it was at night. I leased the vehicle for 39 months and then realized what a big mistake. There are NO vents for the air conditioning in the back seat area. Not even on the center console. NONE. And to make matters worse, if the ECO button is pressed, it makes the fan speed go slow so there is very little air flow. This has got to be the worst engineering mistake since the Corvair. Can you imagine the heat in South Florida and your passengers in the back seat are dying from lack of ventilation due to this engineering mistake. I could not imagine 3 people sitting in my back seat even though it does say seating for 3 in the back.

Most bang for your buck

Julie Huntley, 07/13/2017
SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car to do one thing: repair my credit. It served its purpose with style! Despite the lack of bells and whistles with the SLE1 package, this car has been reliable and has proven its worth. It is not a speedy, get-up-and-go sort of car. It is an amazing passenger car. Comfortable and versatile. With a full car of 5 passengers, everyone still has enough leg room to make the ride bareable. I have also slept in the back with the seats folded down on some casual car camping adventures and it is superb. A great starter car for sure!

happy

Robert Bartell, 07/29/2017
SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Nice reliable vehicle