Used 1994 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:

The S-Series does rock
By Nicholas

1994 GMC Sonoma SLS 2dr Club Coupe SB

For a old truck this thang can still hammer. The performance doesn’t beat modern cars. But it is definently a work horse. It will get you to point a to point b. This truck is amazing with the features of customization. It’s is very easy to work on. And very cheap. My truck is horrible on gas. It is very fun to drive for weekend getaways. Has a lot of issues but will get you home. The frame does rust easily. My Sonoma runs like it brand new. Brakes do suck so give yourself a pleathora of stopping distance l

BEST THING IN MY LIFE!!!! 348,000mi and still runs
By Kristen Ross

1994 GMC Sonoma SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

My 1994 has 348,000 miles on it; still runs like the day it came out! Repairs are cheap and easy, just like GMs should. The truck comes in such extravagant colors unlike no other. The nice thing too is since the cab is so small it heats up so quick in the winter and, if you get stuck the snow the 4WD is perfect! Fun to go off roading with and explore the world, this truck just won't stop. Interior is mint and super easy to maintain since it's so small! When you're sitting alone in it, its wicked roomy and even with a passenger, it only gets a little squished when you bring a third person in the mix. You sit at such a good height and it's just overall the the perfect truck. Bed has lots of room and the truck overall is just amazing! Honestly if you get the chance to drive this truck or purchase one do it.

Best Pickup I've ever owned
By JohnsonLonnie

1994 GMC Sonoma SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Wonderful vehicle there is a reason they discontinued the 4.3 Liter CPI engine. Certain things go out like clockwork but the truck is almost 20 years old now. The thing had over 300k on the engine when some crazy woman ran the truck over while I at a stop in traffic. It folded the bed under the cab area and the frame was bent near double. I walked away from the wreck with a concussion.

The power, I installed a hypertech thermomaster chip in when I first bought it. I could pull my friends pontoon boat no trouble, sadly though it was a pain to stop because the boat out weighed the truck.

The seats! Most uncomfortable things in the world. Drove it on a 14 hour trip after 6 hours your bottom goes to sleep and your hoping for the next stop for gas.

Great all around truck
By don

1994 GMC Sonoma SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 94 Sonoma with a 4.3 tbi engine with 181,000 miles on it and it still gets me around 20 miles to the gallon and runs like a champ. I bought it with 152,000 on it and I've driven it hard as hell and it's held up with no major problems except I threw a clutch once but hey it happens. I couldn't be happier with my truck. It has been such a great truck. I'm sinking almost $10,000 back into it to make it a show truck for me and the family to enjoy for a long time to come

My Rating
By Earl Connell

1994 GMC Sonoma SLE 2dr Club Coupe SB

This has been an excellent vehicle for
my use. Good performance and fun to
drive. Normal maintanance only for
brakes and tires and service.
Only major maintenance need was air
conditioning leak.
Average in excess of 20 mpg.

The size is ideal for driving around town and parking. Has worked great for pulling my light fishing boat.