Used 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2012 Sierra Denali

mpacker02, 05/01/2012
Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just traded in my 2005 Silverado 1500 SS for the 2012 Sierra Denali. The Denali rides much better and is more luxurious. Performance is about the same, the SS accelerating a little harder, but I attribute that to a 4.11 rear end in the SS. The Denali on the other hand is getting better gas mileage than the SS. GMC did a great job on fit and finish, I’ve gone over it with a fine toothed comb looking for flaws and can find none. NAV and Stereo are easy to use, with great sound from the speakers. So far no complaints!

Amazing TRUCK!!!!!!!

bigguybob13, 07/24/2012
SLE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the best choice I ever made, its my first truck ive ever bought, my brother and parents are having great luck with theirs so i thought id give it a shot. Could not have asked for more with this amazing vehical, im 6'4 and the shortes of 4 guys in my family, we all fit great in this truck, great for road trips or just driving around town, gas mileage is great for the size and safety!

A joke

Birddog, 01/06/2016
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have bought 8 new GM trucks over the years and the last 3 have been A Joke....the 2012 GMC Sierra being the biggest joke, truck looks good but here is a list of issues after 65000 miles... Transmission shifting issues, down shifting Rear end clunking, slack in gear train Noisey cab, Noisey bed, Noisey breaks 2 set of breaks in 65000 miles???????? Battery replacement after 40000 miles??? Using oil after 50000 miles.... Warranty covers nothing, GM said this is normal of a truck with that many miles 😉 Biggest piece of junk I have ever owned.... And I've owned several F150's so I'm qualified!!!

2012 Sierra SL Crew Cab

Happy Sierra Owner, 11/05/2019
SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck since November of 2012 with 15 miles on the odometer. Currently I have 209,000 miles and some change. I have had to recently change the tire rods, hub and bearings on the front. Talking with my mechanic, he is not surprised with the amount of miles that are on this truck. The engine runs great and I have never had a problem with the engine running full synthetic oil since my ownership. Full Synthetic is a little pricier but I feel it has paid off. The transmission does shift a little hard from time to time when accelerating, but I have never had to repaire. The drivers side bed at the top of the wheel well is starting to bubble with rust, but in all fairness it was replaced after owning the truck for 16 months when a contractor backed into it with his trailer. Other than that no surface rust. I am hoping to get a few more years or another 100,000 miles from this vehicle.

Never again

kti2, 11/22/2014
XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Will not buy again. Had the 6 speed manual which kept slamming into 6th gear, apparently its a common problem and its considered "normal" only a year later and the door handles started breaking (100 a piece)w/ install and master power switch failed, and all 4 door moldings fell off. These types of problems I can see if they developed 4-5 years down the road, not in 1 year. Not a 2nd time buyer