Used 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

One great truck!

RW, 05/13/2008

I bought my k1500 new in 98 with the 4.3 and 5 speed. It has never once stranded me. I consistently get over 22mpg on the highway after upgrading with a throttle body spacer and air intake.

My Favorite Vehicle I Ever Owned

Matthew, 04/13/2009

150,000 miles and no problems yet, strong motor and drivetrain, 4wd works perfectly, great and roomy interior , i have done nothing but normal maintenance on this truck and haven't had any problems with it

Awesome Truck

GMC Lover, 05/13/2009

Bought truck new with 18 miles. This 4.3 5speed has been the best auto I have ever purchased. I have only had 3 sets of tires on truck, still have original motor. Very reliable on both short trips and long hauls. No rust on body that I can find. Best thing I did to truck was to have a spray on bed liner. Would love to own another truck like it some day.

work truck

Joe Gunther, 06/02/2002

I have really enjoyed my 98 GMC pickup..I drive it hard and it performs well..have tinkered with it a little to boost performance and it made a world of difference...open up the exhaust and air intakes and the truck responds very well..

Easy Glider

pgwhite, 07/19/2003

Reliable truck with plenty of hauling power. Comfortable interior. Had to address small transmission leaks and rotors had to be replaced at 60,000 mi. but other than that I am happy with it. Never stranded me even in -30 degree weather.