Skip to main content
List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

We have a limited number of reviews for the 1992 Sierra 1500, so we've included reviews for other years of the Sierra 1500 since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Reliable

weldon, 12/08/2008
1991 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I used to drive this truck hard every day as a ranch truck. It has been the best performing 1/2 ton 4X4 I have ever owned. There is currently 340000 miles on the original 350 engine, and it still passes CA smog tests with flying colors. The auto tranny has to be rebuilt every 100000mi. Have had electrical problems with lights and the heater controls. Other than that this is a nice truck for the year and money.

Also Consider
5 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the GMC SIERRA 1500 LIMITED
View Offers
GMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Still going

Bugeye, 06/20/2009
1992 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

My '92 GMC is still rolling along. Original engine and auto transmission have 360,000 miles with no major repairs. This truck is not babied and has been through 4 teenage drivers. I don't think it will ever quit.

GREAT VALUE TRUCK

Jack H. Blaine, 09/19/2017
1992 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck was purchased new by owner and kept in an indoor garage. Looks terrific and drives very well. Personal use only and has a fiberglass cap on truck bed, painted to match body. 2-tone paint on truck - onyx black and crimson red. Regular servicing. All records on service or repair. Michelin all terrain tires. Only negatives: a/c and radio not working.

3 out of 5 stars

an oldie, but a goodie

rgito, 11/03/2009
1992 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This was the first new vehicle the wife and I bought...just a few months after getting married. We needed a truck to move 1000mi to our new jobs. The local GMC dealership had this truck on the lot (K1500, two tone paint, 5.7L v8, auto trans) on the lot and we took a drive and liked it. Now, almost 18 years later I have changed out a water pump, a fuel pump, a set of tires, and just recently the starter. The freon was upgraded about two years ago. Other than regular maintenance this thing has never let me down. It is still on its original brake pads! I got my money's worth with this one.

4.88 out of 5 stars

1992 GMC 4X4

Ralph D. Towery, 04/05/2002
1992 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Had no trouble. Great truck.

12345...6