Used 2006 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews

Used Envoy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Not too bad.

Denali, 10/22/2008
Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Envoy for a little over a year. Definitely the perfect family car for long trips. Smoothest car I've ever driven. Gas mileage is surprisingly decent for a V8 SUV (highest is 20+ on highway, average is 16) Definitely a smooth smooth ride but a little sluggish accelerating off the line. Stabilitrak is an amazing option in the rain. Downsides: narrow spaces between console and door and the seats. Center console is very sub par and constantly loose or breaking off entirely. Low ground clearance makes it look minivan-esque. Nav system is so so and can't listen to a CD while using it. Slow windows and moonroof when closing. Resale value is awful. Plan to keep this car for a while.

Denali

GREGORY WESTER, 06/04/2006
Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It is a great SUV. Gas mileage is fair with DOD fuel management but it is an SUV so what do you expect? Great interior and exterior and is very fun to drive. Love the sunroof, DVD player, Bose system, NAV and CD player. I just wish that it came with a CD changer with the navigation system.

2006 GMC Envoy

aplymate, 07/06/2011
SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Envoy used from Carmax when it had 32,000 miles on it. At the time we bought it, it was making a whining noise from the motor, which the salesman assured us was normal. It was not normal. Left me broke down on the side of the road when the idler pulley broke and tore up the sepenteine belt. Fuel gauge no longer works and check engine light stays on. More recently my driver's side door squeks badly and one of the shocks on my back hatch blew out. I wanted to get a brand new Acadia but not sure I want to purchase another GMC. They do not even have any recalls for any of the problems. Do not buy..

Giving More Cash

lsrry, 12/16/2015
Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Don't buy it worst piece of junk I will never by another Chevy as long as I live I was a Chevy man never my envoy I replaced the engine pulleys ,fuel gauges, Windows modulated don't work after recall,nine recalls and the vehicle still garbage

Is it just me?

greg rosengren, 07/04/2008
Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the car/truck, nicest car I've ever owned. At 58,000 miles I've had to replace both the transmission and the motor. I didn't bother to get the extended warranty because of my false belief that I was buying a quality product that would last. GM has graciously picked up half the transmission cost ($1600) and all but $1650 of the new motor job. I have put 4000 dollars in repair costs into this car in the last 2 months. Not at all happy about this. Love the vehicle..just bummed out about the problems...will probably go foreign next time..Benz or BMW

12345...14