Used 2015 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

Would never buy a Ford again
By Ross

2015 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon Titanium LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was very excited about ford bringing this newer style of Transit to the US. It perfectly fit my needs for a work vehicle that could also double as a passenger vehicle when needed. Initially everything was great, but over time, the amount of little things breaking is incredible and Fords attitude about the warranty and what it covered was phenomenally disappointing. As with many reviews I've read, the problems began when the plastic drivers seat valance completed broke off under 30,000 miles and I was told at 2 separate dealerships that Fords warranty does not cover their poorly designed parts and its my fault for breaking it. meanwhile, this part is in your way every time you enter or exit the vehicle and is bound to break. Next my rubber rain guards on the sliding doors fell off at 31,000mi, since ford sprung for double sided tape from a craft store to mount them. 1000mi later, my rear passenger seat gets stuck down, turns out that ford used plastic parts for the seat release mechanism which broke due to cold weather, and the replacement parts was (entire new rear seat) was quoted as $1500 plus labor at the dealership. Never again will I consider buying a Ford vehicle again, what a joke.

Ford dropped the ball on this one
By Jason Rhodes

2015 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT w/Rear Liftgate LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It was a great thought... buy a minivan the could be used for work and hauling the grand kids around. I put many miles on my car and depend on its reliability as my job requires me to be on the road and available at all times in all weather. On the other hand I like to get my kids and grand kids out on road trips in the summer. So this seamed like the perfect choice especially when the original published numbers showed 30 mpg (corrected since) and sales guy said "yep 30mpg".For this review I will leave out the absolute Honorable service from the dealer as most customers who shop in my area know how bad they(Sim Roc) are. I will just focus on the vehicle issues. Noticeable issues are heavy road noise (third set of tires..its still there), front tire wear that even the dealer cant figure out, belt tension pulley that fell off at 60 thousand miles, all headlights have required replacement (died). This includes all those little marker lights. Head lights have flickered since new.. even after bulb changes... Less noticeable Items are doors that don't latch (recalled) child locks that don't work (not recalled).. Drivers seat has a side high lip that is not noticeable until the center of the seat wears in ..then you have to step over it to get out (painful on left thigh after a few times).. outside trim around windows falling off.. Transmission seem to miss a gear on occasion (concerning) so ..normally i would just trade it in and move on ..but i recently became aware this the trad-in value is hilariously low... guess I keep it as a reminder of what Ford is currently selling..... Not a reliable Van

Cute two seater with a hell of a trunk
By Cindy O.

2015 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XL w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Look around for a good buy. It took me about a year and some stubborn negotiating to snag my 2015 used by dealer only Transit connect cargo mini van on a retiree's budget. And best of all new car warranty less the 11k miles already on it.

Great minivan!
By Michael Rowen

2015 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon Titanium LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Ford should advertise this vehicle & there would be many more on the road . A gem for the price. People either like or dislike the design/style.

Don't drive at night
By John Sadowski

2015 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon Titanium LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I shudder when I have to leave the house before dawn. The headlight are focused on the ground about 100 feet ahead. At this time there are joggers on the road and unless they have a light I cannot see them until I am right on them. Usually I drive in the middle of the street and pray. I have checked and there is no provision made for adjusting the headlights.