Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Gives new meaning to the term,"Take your top off"
By Wayne Covert

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. The top is removable and comes with a rolling stand to store it on. The top squeeks when in place and is a little noisy when going over rough roads. It's a dream to drive with lots of power and is quiet in operation. The environment controls are easy to operate and has heated leather seats. The radio is excellent with internet capabilites and excellent sound. The styling is classic and the round hole in the roof is a great touch. At 6ft 2" I have to do some bending to get in the car but once there I'm very comfortable. My wife is 5 ft 4" and slides in without any trouble, thus, she has claimed the car as her very own as the electric seats have memory and adjusts to her. Grandaughters are 5ft 10" and have no trouble either. If you want a fun car that is very stylish this is the one for you. This car was manufactured in Canada. Two interesting Canadian features is that the backup alert is inside the car and not on the outside and when you go over 70 mph it nags you until you slow down. One final note as there other features that are too numerous to mention, his car requires premium fuel and the ride is a little choppy. Happy motoring.

Lovin my car
By James K

I've been a Ford technician for over 30 years. I spent 15 years at a Ford dealership in Champaign Illinois where they continued to Train us during our employment. I learned so much about the Ford brand during my 15 yrs. that I actually became a die hard fan. When I began my employment with Ford I was actually a GM man and would have it no other way. Like I said before working for Ford was eye-opening and I began to love their products. Over the years I've had Ford products that have been pretty good to me. This 2004 Ford Thunderbird has been a great purchase. The previous owner of this particular Thunderbird did a great job of taking care of this vehicle. It has beauty,power and is an eye-catcher. I'm located in Chicago and there is no better feeling than riding Interstate 55 heading downtown with the top down or warm summer day in the Windy City. Two thumbs up for Ford Thunderbird.

Fantastic ride. Very quick off the line. Could d
By Dudley Crow

Can be insured as an antique. Save big money with insurance

Basic Review
By Wojtek Dolski

This is a fast, fun car that rides well on the highway. Lots of comments from observers.

No Whining Here
By Doug Boone

After driving Lincoln Towncars and Honda Accords for the last 30 years, I wanted the excitement of an open top roadster again. Three months of careful reading and price shopping led me to buy a well driven and well cared for 2004 Thunderbird. This Pacific Coast version is exceeding my expectations every day I drive it. Regardless of the Texas summer heat, the soft top has only been up twice since I bought it. The hard top awaits installation of an electric hoist which will need to occur before our next ice storm due in January (4 months away). It is my humble opinion this car is as close to the perfect roadster as it can be. Even with 150,000 miles on the clock, it will still move onto Texas' 75MPH freeways with no stress and will pass more expensive "performance" cars fast enough they only get a glimpse of the logo on the trunk. Those who complain about this car must live in a fantasy world. My Thunderbird was so inexpensive to buy because of the whining I read from others about Thunderbird, that I feel like I should send each of them a candy lolleypop as a thank you gift. Update April 2018. Still perfect for
my daily needs No major expense and no regrets. Car still looks like showroom condition and the Monterey Mist color draws consistent praise.