Used 2011 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Simply the Best!!! Ford Tough!
By Judy Wilkins

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a 41 year old female that has owned approximately 10 vehicles, maybe more. The Taurus is BY FAR, the best vehicle out of them all, for every reason! Its so roomy, almost like being in an SUV, drives and rides so smoothly, the trunk really is gianormous and is stylish and sleek to boot. I have almost 200,000 miles on it and have never had a single problem with it, just regular maintenance. It still looks new as a matter of fact. The quality is superior! Even my dad went out and bought one, due to my high recommendation and boasting about it. The only, and I mean only, issue or dislike I have is the passenger seat. I don't sit there often but it sits too low for my liking. I can barely see over the dash and I'm 5'5". I'm unsure if its broken or if it is worn from my boyfriends butt in it but I can't sit in it for very long at all. If it had the 5-way, power seat like my drivers side has, it would be 100% perfect, in every way to me. Everyone that has gotten in my car, raves about it. The comfort of the cabin is amazing and everything wraps around you almost. The Taurus is very affordable and well worth every penny! Thanks Ford, for yet another OUTSTANDING vehicle! I've also owned an Escort EXP, Focus and Fusion. The Fusion saved my daughters life when she should've probably been killed. She slid downhill icy roads, taking out 55' of guard rail, went airborn going over the treetops and landed on the roof of the car, 35' down into a creekbed. It was obviously totalled and all windows and sunroof smashed out yet she basically walked away with a couple bruises and very lighy scratches.
Worst day of my life and I have Ford to thank for keeping her safe. I will always drive a Ford and forever be grateful! (She most likely had an angel with her as well but it was a Ford driving angel 😊)

A blast to drive
By Barry

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is an amazing value. It's fun to drive, roomy and very comfortable. It gives everyone I let drive it a smile on their face. I only have three issues. 1) the turning radius is terrible due to the all wheel drive. 2) MPG stinks. 3) The radio is not that great. I would still buy this car again.

When you say "I love my car"...
By M45STAR

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I could repeat the same details as the standard and optional parts listed on this car, but that is repetitive... so I will skip it in this review. I will say...everything on this vehicle is top notch, no issues and no regrets by buying this Ford Taurus SHO. I will also say that this is the safest, most exciting, most powerful, most impressive and most reliable vehicle I have ever had the pleasure of owning. I purchased my 2011 SHO 4 years ago today and I still can say "I love my car". When you can say you love your car after 4 years of payments, then it must be true love. I will continue to own this SHO for as long as it lasts... maybe another 10 years. But if it can't be driven anymore, I will gladly step up to the next Ford Taurus SHO. Yes, it is true love. I won't settle for anything less. I LOVE MY SHO!

UPDATE: Edmunds wanted to know if I still would recommend my SHO and suggested updating this review.
I would highly recommend the 2011 Ford Taurus SHO to anyone who wants a bit of luxury combined with a powerful, fast car. Nothing has changed since my original review and to this day, I still LOVE driving my SHO. I will definitely continue driving it until the day it doesn't drive anymore. That may be within the next 10 years. Maybe even longer.

Love this car!!!
By Lori

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car, never put anything into it except a battery in 6 years!! Drives smooth and quiet. Feel safe when driving even in snow. Would highly recommend.

after 6 years running ok
By vic dun

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

at 69,000 miles great car with good mileage and modern technology. The only problems I had in the first two years were poor quality brakes and tires. A "limited" level car should have better quality parts than the basic model.