Used 2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

extremely reliable
By kplr

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

only failures in 170k miles: heated seats, turn signal bulbs, blend actuator for hvac. Trans and engine have no leaks or drips. AC is still cold, never needing refrigerant. All accessories, windows, power seats, entry keypad, etc. work as new. Oddly, rear brakes wear out in 50K miles, but front brakes hardly wear. [front brakes replaced at 160K, with 4mm remaining]. The appearance is plain, but safety rating is 5star. Seating is great for tall adults; a 6'6" passenger is comfortable behind a 6'6" driver. review date: jun2018

Best vehicle I have owned!
By 08TaurusLover

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Honestly I never even looked at a Ford before purchasing this one, but now it is the first brand I look for when car shopping. The things I love: This car sits higher than most cars so it is very easy for my handicapped mother to get in and out. The all wheel drive is amazing. We zip in and out of snowed in places easily while others have to wait for the plow! The sound is great and easily adjustable. There is not a lot of road or motor noise and the seats are plush and comfortable. There is an amazing amount of space in the car! When we purchased it our kids could easily walk between the back of the drivers seat and the back seat when the front seats were in their normal position. The trunk is HUGE! The only thing we have had to fix on this car in the 9 years and 185,000 miles we have owned it was something in the steering column. We have had to fix it twice and it was not cheap.

Bought A 2008 Ford Taurus SEL a Month Ago
By Josh

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 18 years old and I have been without a car until I got this car on March 27th, 2018. It was a surprise really, we were looking at a 2008 Ford Fusion but we ended up liking this one better for the same price. The car has been good to me so far. I have a job that is around 28 miles away from me so I need a daily commuter that gets good gas mileage. I was pleasantly surprised with how well the car gets on the highway in terms of miles per gallon. On cruise control it averages around 28-29 mpg. This is a nice first car. Its got a bunch of features that even my dads 2016 Ford Fusion S does not have. Power front seats. I am 6'6 and have always struggled with finding the right amount of room in cars. I sat in, adjusted my seat, and wala I fit comfortably WITH ROOM TO SPARE in the ceiling. The only con I can say I have with the car is the handling in the hilly terrain of Cincinnati can be a bit lackluster but recently been trying out turning off Overdrive and it has performed better. Another con has to due with the dealership giving me a car with new brake pads but after a couple of days of driving the rotors seemed to be warped or it could be the calipers. It brakes well still but it is a relatively expensive repair that will need to be done soon already. It brakes well regardless but the vibration is very intense when braking at highway speeds. The car handles extremely well. The ride is comfortable and luxurious but not really "Boring". Loving this car as my first car so far. :)

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
By Brandon Artz

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a very large and safe sedan, but is very easy to maneuver in busy areas of the parking lot. The rear seats are HUGE with tons of leg room. My 6'8" friend has no problem sitting anywhere in the car. I have had zero engine or transmission issues, just the basic up keep. The V6 is very quick for a big car, and is longer than a minivan! Trunk space is amazing, and great visibility all around. I have been driving on the highway lately and have been getting in the 21's mpg and a 400 mile range on fuel. Love this car!

The most for your buck
By Antonio A.

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a proud owner I love the Comfort I love the size and I love that it's all wheel drive great a celeration with 265 horsepower however at 178000 Miles I get very poor fuel economy 13.5 on a regular day to the gallon shifting you can definitely feel it but it compensates with the greatest acceleration