2021 Ford Ranger Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

$27,470

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

So far so good

Lester Parker, 06/03/2021
XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I purchased the 2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport package in magnetic gray about 2 months ago. I have just over 2k miles on it. As of now, I absolutely love this truck. Here's some of the pros and cons I see: Pros: Fast little truck. After test driving many mid size trucks, the Ranger is way zippier than any of the other models. Comfortable. The Ranger is super comfortable to drive even on longer trips. I'm 6'2" and its not an issue at all. Gas mileage. I'm getting right at 23 mpg. With a mix of hwy and city driving. It's acceptable to me. Looks. Now this one is my opinion, but the Ranger is a nice looking little truck. Especially with the sport package that doesn't have a bunch of chrome that I'm not a fan of. But, if you are, there are packages with the chrome. Cons: Turbo. A little worried about the longevity of a turbo engine. I figured the Tacoma will outlast the Ranger, but after test driving both, the Tacoma was so slow and uncomfortable. I don't think I could drive a truck like that for 20 years. That's why I went with the Ranger. Oil Change. Just changed my oil at 2k miles to put some full synthetic in it. The location of the oil filter is pretty stupid. Not a deal breaker, just could've been done better. No bed liner. Not much storage. To me the Pros greatly outweigh the Cons. Cons are just little nitpicky things you will find on any vehicle. Overall, I love the truck. Would definitely recommend.

21 Ranger Love it!

APUL, 06/16/2021
XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I got the truck to replace my 2019 ford connect do i was pretty familiar with the interior and controls. I got an STX/FX4 package and it looks mean and handles really well. I took the truck to the coast (Eureka CA) right out the gates and let me tell you coming from a connect van with a 4 cyl and no power this thing was a big difference up the hills. When i purchased it i actually did not realize it had a turbo i was just thinking of gas mileage efficiency. It had no problem getting up the steep hills with a moderate load like 500 pounds of tools and 2 passangers and it handled the curves like it was on tracks. So far in 6 days i have put 1500 miles on it and have been babying the engine. Im getting 21 mpg average which is not too bad with a 4x4 truck. Overall i like the driveability but do wish they offered the navigation as an option on the lower trim but it looks like a cool 2500 bucks can get you a sync 3 with a replacement dash panel so may go that route. Besides that it still has a back up cam and pre collision alert and you can lock/unlock/ remote start with the ford pass app still so thats pretty great.

3 out of 5 stars

XLT Black out trim package

Apks , 10/16/2021
XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I was driving a GMC Canyon and really liked the truck except the seat comfort. I even had the SLT with leather. I drive 45-50,000 mile/ year and need comfortable seats. I had tested the Ranger when they first came out and transmission issues trying to find gears was a big issue on the test drive. 3 years later, Ford appears to have it corrected. Way more comfortable compared to the GMC. I was concerned about going to a 4 cylinder but I’ve been very impressed. Plenty of power and towels really well. Things I don’t like, doors sound cheap when you close them. Shocks are not very good. Breaks a spongy. These are all relative to the Canyon. I am getting very good gas mileage averaging 25 mpg with a 2 wheel drive model and 70%highway. I liked that I could get a locking rear with a 2 wheel drive model. So far no issues with 8000 miles.

ad labelAd
Build Your Ranger
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 3 Trims
  • $25,070starting MSRP

Looks as tough as it is

Lone Ranger, 01/09/2021
XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Love how the Ranger and is tough all around.

Cyber Ranger

Greg Widmar, 01/06/2021
Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Best style and size truck on the market.