Used 2005 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Great Truck
By Tony Duncan

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it new, and put in a K&N air filter! Runs as fast as I need it to! Put Cooper Cobra GTs and will put corner any car that gets behind me! It’s been a great pickup! The only downside to it, is there’s really only enough room for 2 people!

Bring on 2019
By Gene Murray

2005 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My second and best Ranger (2005 fx4, ext.cab.4.0 automatic). I just love it. Take care of it routinely, and it will love you back. Hauled tons of stuff, pulled even more, long comfortable trips, if it snows or rains, just kick in the 4x4, and it just handles it. And if anybody messes with me, I just put my foot in it, let it rev up, and they don't try it again. It has 208000 miles, and is still strong and willing. Replaced the usual brake pads, front wheel bearings, etc. but no biggie. It will make it until the 2018 comes back, and I will get an even better one.

Solid Truck with good power
By Dave Spence

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab EDGE 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought this 2005 Ranger and very happy so far. Much more truck than I expected for a compact and the V6 has great power.

good get around truck
By charles cheshire

2005 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

get the 3.0 engine truck best one for the value

Fun Good looking and Reliable
By justabit50@gmail.com

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Sparkly rims,and a bright red paint job. I purchased a Leer canopy for it and mounted Thule bike and kayak racks on the top. I can take it anywhere. I sleep in the back and go kayaking or biking the next day. At 27 mpg and a zippy little engine that gets me over those high mountain passes with ease, I have no complaints. AC works great and sound system is just fine. Seats are comfy and interior attractive. Yes you could buy a more expensive truck but for the price and reliability it doesnt get much better than this.