Used 1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Ranger for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Very Suprised

Eric, 10/04/2010
XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Overall this truck has surprised me. I'm a Chevy lover and yet i like this truck. Very comfortable and great on gas. Despite i have the two wheel drive version it love the mud. No major problems with it. 189,000 miles and still going strong.

Great truck, keeps on going

Bill, 05/22/2008
STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in '94 and I used it every day for 10 years until I got a family minivan. I have towed concrete mixers, hauled scrap and lumber, use it weekly to carry stuff to the dump. I carried the kids in the extended cab (when they were little, not a lot of room there.) The truck never let me down and today I still have it (though it's semi-retired)and use it 3-4 times a month to go to the dump. It has 167,000 miles on it and now my daughter just got her lisense and she drives it daily to school and about. It still gets 22+MPG. Never did more than routine maint and replaced the clutch 2x. What a great investment in 1994!

A 16 Year Old's Dream

bigcuntry, 12/15/2009
XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had this truck handed down to me from my dad, who has had it from 1996. He bought it from a private owner with 20k +/- , with the cruise control already not functioning. This has not bothered me though, I put about 30+ miles a day driving to school and back. My MPG stands at about 18-19 city, 22-23 hwy with the 3.0 V6. There have been no major issues with the truck, just routine maintenance, such as oil, brakes,fluid levels, etc. There is a oil leak at the universal joint, but its not major. at 110k, It is still going strong and I do not intend for it to quit today, or for that matter, a long time.

I love my truck

Bob Dinkel, 07/15/2003
XL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Fantastic vehicle for single person or couple with no children. It is fun to drive, functional and reliable. Before we had children there is no vehicle I would have traded it for.

Great and Reliable Truck

XTruckChick, 05/22/2002
XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck to help with my frequent moves. I bought it in '96 with 56K on it and sold it in 2001 with 135K. Drove it from WI to CA about 3 times, it made it through LA traffic just fine. Only problems I had were normal maintenance, breaks, drive belt, one O2 sensor, etc. (Only qwirk was the A/C clutch froze up (which is included in the path of the drive belt) causing the belt to snap the fan blade and wreck the alternator). But a quick $150 repair and I was back in business! Great truck. Sold it to a friend who is still driving it! I miss it frequently! By far my most favorite vehicle.

12345...7