Used 1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

1993 2dr 4.0 OHV V6 Extended cab 4x4 STX project.
By Tangle

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I hear this is a petty reliable American Made truck when it's kept in good shape. So I bought this faded red truck for a few hundred bucks. The engine was toast. The suspension needed work. So far, I'm in the middle of the project. The old engine has been taken out and a new engine is in, with all new components under the hood. The next step was to prep the body and get it ready to paint so it'l look good with those new 17 inch wheels and tires that I've had waiting. So the bed was removed, and therein was the proverbial can of worms: The frame was rusty and muddy. The fuel tank strap was almost completely rusted off; the fuel filler hose that is between the body and the gas tank had a slit in it right where it was attached to the tank; the rear leaf spring hangers were cracked and rotted, and so were the shock bushings. I intended to replace almost everything, from springs, to shocks, to brakes, wire wheel the frame, prime and paint it. Only then can the body and bed be prepped and painted. The seats, interior carpet, detailed cab cleaning will come next and then a decent stereo system. If you are able to do this yourself, the cost would be about $3500.00. If the transmission is questionable, then cost could rise by another $1500.00. You could reduce a huge chunk off that cost if you decide to stick with original wheel size and cheaper tires.

True mileage
By Darrell Berning

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Check maintenance records. Have replaced every seal and gasket on vehicle. I am the original owner of vehicle and pickup was very will maintained.

Energizer ranger
By rich

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Excellent running truck. I'm the 3rd owner of this truck. Currently it has 185,000 miles with just regular maint. I work for nys dot and the truck gets me to work in the worst snowstorms with summer tires. I do agree the fuel mileage does stink 18 mpg.

power windows and sliding rear window.

310000 miles & still going
By Stan

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have owned this truck for approx 12 years. Has 310,000 miles on it and still purrs. No AC now and other than typical maintenance no problems.

very reliable engine.

make a 4 door Ranger.

I'll drive it until the wheels fall off.
By Susan

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new nearly 15 years ago and put every mile on it myself. It will turn to 00000 again for the 2nd time soon. I've only had to do regular maintenance with one or two rare exceptions over the last 15 years. This is an amazing little truck & still looks great. My car guy tells me I should easily get another 5 years out of it, if not more. Mileage is what they are advertising for "fuel efficient" trucks & SUVs right now. My sister keeps trying to get me to buy a new car so my young niece can have this truck. That says it all.

The whole package. I would have loved a sunroof, but I really can't complain.