Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Ranger for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

!992 ford Ranger XLT

Rod 087, 05/27/2004
1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my second ranger and it has been a very good truck,the only thing i had to repair were normal wear and tear items like brakes ,tires ,shocks, the only real repiar was the intake manifold was leaking antifreeze and i had to relace the gasket in 130,000 miles.

5 out of 5 stars

1992 Ranger 4x4 STX Ext. cab. SB

rubyshaun, 08/19/2004
1992 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I got this truck, and have loved every moment I've spent in it, I'm 18, and I go four wheeling, and I wheel hard. This truck has held sturdy, with no modifications (No lift, stock tires, etc), and it comes off the dirt, onto concrete wonderfully. My only vauge complaint would be gas mileage, but for a 4.0 V-6, it does wonderfully, especially if you take off the tailgate, an easy removal. My only warning bout this truck is it seems that the paint flakes off alot. Buy this if you want a sturdy small work truck...Not if you want a pretty truck.

4.88 out of 5 stars

My Opinion

jimmy, 04/09/2009
1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought this 92 very happy with it. used for hauling water since we live in the desert of texas.

3.88 out of 5 stars

okey dokey...except man. trans, AC

boobi, 01/15/2004
1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I wanted a economical, low maintence rear wheel drive trk. majot maint at 165K, new frt end, all (radiator ect) new cooling system, 4 ac systems have died(Seems poor desgin, get extd warr for ac)lacks pwr for long hwy drives, mechanic and i did not realize that pulling out the(for clutch replacmnt) stick shift made it seem like transmission was dead, despite putting it back in. We were about to get a new trans before a better mechanic reinserted it the right way. gd brks,gd elect sys,ok paint, fluid leaks are prblm. Spare tire just rots on holder. little noisy,

4.38 out of 5 stars

She's a Great Little Truck

susiecreamcheese, 04/20/2002
1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new, frequent oil changes, no repairs until 103,000 miles when I replaced the brakes. Now, at 135,000 I put in a new clutch, replaced the timing belt and water pump, and we're set to go. Engine compression is still perfect. This 4-cylinder truck has done a lot of long-distance traveling and still averages 22 mpg.