Used 2019 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Mustang for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great summmer car for the old folks

ThomasL, 12/10/2019
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am 72, and my wife is 74. Still trying to stay connected with our youth. I had a 2006 GT with a lot of performance mods and harsh ride. So I decided to upgrade last March. Walked out with a 2 year lease of a 2019 Ecoboost Convertible with Premium Package and Pony Package with a $44k price tag. A whole lot for a 4 banger. I also got the "active exhaust" as I needed some sound to go with the looks. Bottom line is I love this car. We only put 2400 miles on it this summer; my wife drove it most and the grandkids got to drive it too. The boy, 15 with a learners permit, got on the interstate and kicked it in the hammer lane. He then looked at me sheepishly and I said no worries, that's why Ford built this car. Pros: Great style. My wife will drive only in top down weather and at 74 she still gets whistles. Red with black top and interior. 10 speed automatic. 4 modes for the shift and exhaust. Put it in "sport" drive and exhaust. No need to floor it, just kick it and a great response and great sound. No it's not the 5.0 but 460hp is way too much for me. It is rated at 315hp and 345 fb torque....and it moves. This is the 4th Mustang for me over a 20 year period. The one I loved most was a 98 Cobra Convertible....but this ecoboost is just as fast. You know the Ford GT supercar has an ecoboost engine.....it costs half a million. Of course there huge differences but tells you how much Ford believes in this ecoboost engine. Back to the car. It has 4 exhaust pipes; the rear looks really cool. The pony package has great alloy wheels.....I will never get black wheels as I think this is the worst trend in the auto industry. It rides well. Handles like it is on rails. Feels solid. The only drawback is the one you already know and that is not much room in the back seat. But who cares? In this day and age all the SUV's look alike and you can't tell a decked out Kia from a C Class Benz from a block away. But everyone knows a Mustang. And they love it. They love it because it has been around for 55 years, and it's a car they dream of and will be able to afford.. If they see a Benz SL Convertible they will glance at it, but know they will never be able to afford it and think it's some rich snob driving it. But a Mustang is an "every person" car. That says it all.

Best Mustang

Tricky Dick, 07/21/2020
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 1st Mustang was a 1966 coupe which I followed with a 1967 Fastback (wish I had kept it). Fast forward and we have a 2109 Ecoboost Premium convertible. Wow, have these cars changed. I love this car. From the very nice interior and electronics to the great acceleration, We couldn't ask for more. Avery comfortable ride and really great handling and, talk about looks. We have the Orange Fury and added black stripes on the hood--what a head turner. Haven't had this much fun since we bought our BMW Z4 in 2003---still have it and love it just as much. Still loving the ‘stang! Great head turner and just plain fun.

Plenty of horses

RDB 21, 10/23/2020
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Driving in normal is quite tame. Shifting into sport takes you into another realm of performance which is quite thrilling. Sport turns this 310 HP into a real sports car. If you feel the GT is too much price and power, this car is for you.

My Wife's 5.0

Michael Kim, 09/20/2018
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My wife's got a soft touch. Who knew that her driving style would pair so well with such a beefy car. She uses it as a daily, but has gained a lot of confidence on the California freeways. The power is always available to scoot away from a careless lane drifter or to whiz on or onto the on/off ramp. So although she drives it like her old Honda Odyssey, the power is always there to keep her safe. The styling is great. We got dark gray on the performance pack level 1. It's just enough black with bits of chrome here and there to give the car a touch of class. Perfect for my wife - mean and elegant at the same time.

Rented one

Greg, 04/07/2019
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Rented a 2019 turbo 4 convertible I think with performance package. Car build quality and ergonomics are impressive. Getting in and out of care was easier than I expected as Im a little older. The turbo four is a nice strong engine with decent throttle response. Engine and exhaust sound is nice and appropriate for this type of car although if I was buying one I would definitely spend the extra money for the powerful 5.0 engine. The bad. The suspension is a little to bouncy and firm at the same time. Its not sorted out real well. The 10 speed transmission is not great and not terrible. It lunges a little at low speeds and the shifts when on part throttle are a little unrefined, Mushy and harsher shifts than other well sorted cars. Over all a pleasant car with a lot of bang for the buck but not for me. Maybe the I would feel differently about the 5.0. The car I drive it own for reference is a BMW 435IX that has been tuned and slightly modified.