Used 2011 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Contemporary Muscle Car
By Jay Magness

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this 2011 Ford GT Premium Mustang new, and have never regretted the purchase for a moment. I build street rods for a hobby and wanted a high performing car that also has the ease and reliability of a contemporary car. I got all that and more. The raw performance is more than I expected, and the comfort excellent.

You dont have to have a V-8!
By Sean

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

New 3.7L V-6 engine is fantastic! WIth the 6 speed it offers this gearhead all I need.

Perfect car
By Christopher Cote

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Do your research, this is a car that dealers like to overprice due to it being eye candy for the dealer lot, a great deal can be had all you need is persistence

Great bang for the buck!
By jimmbbo

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang.
The Dodge was a slug, and the Camaro drove well, but felt excessively claustrophobic, and its lines never "sang" to me as did the 'stang.
I was hooked.

After 25000 miles in my Sterling Gray 5.0 GT with 6 speed manual I still REALLY enjoy driving it.
Every time I get in it after a couple of days away, it's like an eager puppy that wants to go out and romp - with 412 HP.

Great bang for the buck!

The lines of the car simply captivated me. Handling is crisp, solid and predictable. An absolute joy to drive. Noise level is quite good, but after four hours can become tiring. Acceleration is awe inspiring. Flooring the accelerator during a freeway merge, the 5.0 never seems to run out of power... it simply keeps pulling through the gears, and easily exceeds any speed limit. The NAV and SYNC systems with Bluetooth connectivity and USB flash drive jukebox are fantastic. Fuel economy is as advertised, but a heavy foot is penalized. The new 5.0 engine is destined to be a classic - the story of the development of the Coyote is a tour de force in modern engineering.

Interior storage space is limited, and more would be most appreciated. The 6 speed manual transmission close ratio gearing and shifter throw lengths are excellent. The linkage/shifting leaves something to be desired, and is usually smooth and effortless, but occasionally becomes difficult to shift. There are many SIG forum posts on this, and AFAIK, there has been no comprehensive cure. It would not prevent me from buying the car again, but the car is so nearly perfect otherwise, it's a shame to have that one glitch.

Its an expensive toy
By jenrobsdad

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a convertible and like it, but I feel the price for the V-6 Premium was about $5K too much and I bought it used.
I have only had it three weeks and was a victim of a nasty hit and run while I was in a store so it sits in the shop.
It will be interesting how it will hold up after being repaired.
My girlfrield loves taking it on tight curves so I think this will be more her favorite car than mine.
I miss my 2011 Fusion SEL.
Much better bang for the buck.

I love the gas mileage. 23-26 in the city and 30-32 on the highway. Automatic transmission shifts almost unnoticed. Love the changeable lighting on the instrument panel.

Longer seat belts, not all of us are thin toothpicks. I worry about belting in the winter with a heavy coat on. Belts may not fit at all. I had no issues with the Fusion. It feels a bit unstable over bumps, I know that seems to be common with convertibles.