Used 2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 480 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

love it
By MY FIRST CAR

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents got me this car for my first one, and let me say they shouldn't have it has way more horsepower then i need but i don't care i like it. It runs great is very smooth and sounds great. I love the white color it is just a great car. I want to keep it and give it to my son or daughter

the radio is so loud and easy to reach when your driving. and well just about everything else.

the back is the only problem. But my brother is the only one that ever sits back there

don't listen to any discuraging adults
By darren

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am a 20 year old man. I bought a mustang last year just after my 19 birthday. I always wanted a mustang all my life.And when the day came that my parents let me make my own decisions i was the extremely happy. No matter what people say about mustangs and believe me i have heard them all The car is absolutely top notch. Insurance is not too bad and I the fuel economy is actually pretty good especially if you have a standard Use the same amount of gas as a v6 engine just as a hyundai tiburon V6 which i actually traded in for the stang. To sum it up: Car is great, fun to drive, good on gas, good car for a 18-25 year old due to insurance. Have fun you only get fora couple ofyears due to marige

suprisingly decent on gas, no matter what websites or people say about it. just give the car a chance to proove itself. Remember if you dont harrass the car it will give you decent gas mileage

stereo needs work but just go buy one from future shop or best buy they suited me really well with one not too expensive either

Nothing I'd rather drive
By Mike

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Ford got it right 7 years ago with the 03-04 Terminator Cobra. I've owned several pony cars before finally finding the right Cobra last year. All I can say is wow. Great looks, I love the heat extractors and the SVT wheels. Great sound, from the low growl of the exhaust to the turbine scream of the Eaton supercharger. Great drive, the car puts it's power down nicley, handles much better than a 3600 lb nose heavy car should. After a new supercharger pulley and an exhaust, these will truly terminate almost anything else on the road. I'm making 460hp to the wheels. 2010 Camaro? Ha!

Addictive supercharger, smooth shifting 6 speed transmission, sublime handling IRS.

Give SVT it's autonomy back! It used to be something truly special and different. Enthusiasts hand building cars for enthusiasts. Now, as the previous reviewer noted, it's just a marketing tool.

An amazing SVT Team!
By rick

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I loved driving this car! I purchased new and just sold due to unemployment. I previously owned an 02 Lightning. I am sold on everything that the Coletti SVT group put their stamp on. This came to an end with the release of the 2005 GT. I find it sad that folks are still buying live axle mustangs/shelby's when they had the Independent Rear Suspension for the SVT Cobra's! This 2004 Cobra Convertible was the best most advanced and most powerful Mustang "Production" car to come out of Dearborn, which shut down after the 2004 model year. SVT was special! Now, it's a badge.

blinding acceleration! Power anytime, amyplace at your disposal! 4 wheel independent suspention made handling tight and easily controlled with power. Nothing better then that 400plus hp V8 under your right foot with that beautiful rumble of the exhaust.

Original concept was to treat SVT Customers well. That, ford just could never get. Ford was miserable to work with from service to sales to regional and corporate and my backyard. Bully's discribes them best. This after I paid cash for this new SVT Cobra. Loved the car, never support ford again.

Best of the Best
By Jason

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is by far my favorite model of mustang. I've owned several years of the mustang almost every year from 84- 04 and this one takes the cake by far.

Reliable strong manual transmission, hooks up fairly well, and with the addition of the .373 gears and a posi lock from ford this thing rips it up through out the range.

use the mach 1 hood and scoop