Used 2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 369 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love My 'Stang
By Atlanta

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it used in 2004 with 29k miles on it. It is fun to drive, has decent gas mileage, (mostly drive it around town), and I have had only two repairs. The windshield washer pump went out shortly after purchase, but the dealer fixed it for free and the alternator had to be replaced in Nov. 2007. Other than that, it has been trouble free. My husband is 6'1" and feels very cramped when riding in it, but I'm 5'1" and it's great for me. Not made for 4 people to sit comfortably in it. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty, good looking car at a reasonable price. The only Ford car I would buy! Both kids want it when I get tired of it, they might be in for a long wait....

Overall look of the Pony package, chrome wheels, CD/stereo system, and the nice ride.

Front seat belts get tangled, it needs a bigger glove box and/or storage space.

Torch Red Mach 1
By tm420

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the car over a year ago and I love every minute that I get to drive it. The car has 38000 miles, but I have only put on about 2000 since I bought it. I love the shaker hood scoop, and it still turns a lot of heads for a mustang. Don't really see too many of these where I live. Performance is outstanding (Low 5 sec. to 60 mph). Bought the car with a few modifications and it just flies. Heard these engines were very reliable, and haven't had any problems yet. Engines were rated at 305 hp, but I think it's more like 320. Looking forward to keeping this one for a long time.

The shaker hood, 32 valve V8 exhaust note, the graphics package really looks nice, and helps it stand out from other mustangs. The seats are surprisingly comfortable.

Interior could be better. The automatic transmission is kind of clunky,and sometimes hesitates to shift, but it is pretty good overall.

the mach
By komach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Simply an awesome automobile. This is the 6th mustang ive owned (still have an 87 gt conv). I drive this car daily and have put 90k on it in 3 years. The ONLY thing thats ever been replaced is one set of tires!! The car is occasionally raced @ the dragstrip and drives 60 miles a day on the interstate. It is as still tight as the day i bought it, no squeaks, rattles, or anything, and on top of that, its lowered. The car is a silent predator. In stock trim (mine has been tuned and a few goodies here and there) a stock C6 vette cant stand it in an 8th mile race. You have to do a little tweaking and good driving to handle him in the quarter. Whoever did their homework @ Ford on this got a raise!

shaker hood, old style guages, stance..

6 speed..

Fun Machs
By d3vild0g

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All in all a fun car. Had lots of fun adding bolt ons to make this baby fly. Got to love the dohc motors. Interior Seats a little tight for larger people. ( I'm 6'1" 220lbs). Other than that, its a beaut!

Black is best. Shaker Hood (RAM air) over-all styling

Sell with some of the improved suspension, (increases gas mileage), and other bolt-ons coming stock

Best car I've ever owned
By mejollyredgiant

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

OK I've only had my license for 4 years but I've owned and test driven quite a few cars. By far this is the best and funnest car, for the price, I've ever had. So far all I have had to replace was the battery and the alternator which for me was super easy and took like 5 minutes total in labor. So far I have only put on a short shifter, BBK cold air intake, MAC off road mid-pipes, and an SLP loud mouth cat-back on it, but I hope to do more soon. The worst gas mileage I have ever gotten with this car was 18 mpg city and that's before the mods, which now I never see below 20 mpg city even if I race it and highway is at about 28 mpg being relatively nice to the throttle!

Power, looks, of course the sound, the MACH 1000 is pretty good for a stock sound system with two 10" subs in the trunk, and the satisfaction of destroying most cars in a race that come up against me.

Better seats and upgraded the suspension, but that's about all I can think of.