Used 2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews

Used Mustang for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Great Fun

MatthewICADC, 06/23/2004
GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

With a few easy modifications adding up to 335 hp and 3:7:3 gears, this GT is the fastest, quickest fun ride I have ever owned! There's nothing better than feeling the wind in my hair while rocking out to my favorite tunes in this reliable rockship on a perfect spring/summer day or evening!

Good car for the money

Da Bomb, 07/11/2008
GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year now and I love it. It is fun to drive and gets respectable gas mileage for what it is. However, I have had several non-engine related mechanical issues. I have had to replace all 4 power windows this year, and my Mach CD player broke and is expensive to fix. I have also had to fix the power window switch. But the engine has been flawless. If you want a simple fun convertible, I highly recommend this car.

2001 Ford Mustang Conv

MCSD, 08/03/2004
Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love the convertable. Easy to use. Wind noise is noticable, but not bad for a convertable. No problems so far with the car (about 38,000 miles on it). Gas mileage is ok ~ 24 miles/gallon on average.

281 Vert

gunns20, 08/16/2006
GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I always take the long way to work. That sums up my experience with the car. There has only been one problem in over a year of ownership, and that was the top. Ford fixed it under the EXTENDED warranty. Really surprised me, and was much appreciated, considering what I've heard from others about Ford. Awesome looks, sounds great, faster than 99% of cars on the road, been super reliable, 281 cubes, and American muscle. My former Acura was nothing in performance and reliability compared to this. Goes to show if you treat a car right and maintain it properly, it'll love you back. People gripe about the fake scoops, but look at 60/70's muscle cars and tons have fake scoops too. I love 'em!

I'm happy with my choice

the real deal, 05/26/2008
GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had been shopping around for convertibles and one day I happened to stumble upon this one. I'm glad I went with this car because it was probably the best convertible with a decent amount of performance I've come across for my price range. I have an automatic model and prefer a manual transmission but because this car is so much fun to drive and it's my daily driver, I don't mind not having control of the gears. I've only had the car for less than a week and bought it with 86000 miles so I can't say much about reliability. It eats gas up in the city but you have to kind of expect that from a V8.

12345...7