Used 2000 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Still excited about driving this car
By Woot

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

After 6 years, its still a thrill to drive this car. This car is my daily driver, and it has never let me down. Only maintenance problem that I have ever had was a fuel filter replacement ($200). If you want to keep the stock tires on it (Goodyear Eagles z-rated), be prepared to shell out some cash. Average z-rated tires last about 20-25K before needing replacement. The car seems to get lighter in the front at higher speeds, but then settles down around 70-80. Very throaty exhaust with tight suspension for turning. Finally, I've never lacked power to get out of the path of bad drivers. The 265 horses it comes with, makes it feel like the muscle car it was designed to be.

Overall muscular look (only if you keep the z-rated, wide tires on - otherwise it would look wimpy). Comfy interior, kicking stereo, tight suspension, power at the fingertips.

Lose the rear spoiler, change the position of cup holders (other reviewers are right, two cups of java get in the way and you can't shift), make the door panels more attractive and lose the mini-indentions placed for style (at least I think they were). Trunk is okay, but layout could be better.

Good car
By Daniel

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 1 1/2 years ago, after doing a lot of research. And so far I am very satisfied with it. It is a Consumer Reports "Good Bet" as it seems to a reliable vehicle. It is a sharp looking car, with lots of potential if you can afford to upgrade it. It is fun to drive in the snow with snow tires on.

Looks & sound.

Some squeaks/rattles. Bigger interior room/trunk, but it is sports car.

Just simply amazing!
By Joe A

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I'm 16 and I bought a 2000 Mustang GT as my first car. Having a 5 speed manual makes this car a blast to drive. The car handles beautifully in dry weather, have yet to drive it in anything wet. Since I am in high school, it's nice seeing heads turn everywhere I go. The full Flowmaster exhaust sure helps bring attention to my car. Only thing I have to say is it is a eye-catcher, especially for the COPS. So drive safe and be careful!

Sound, comfort,and watching people check out your car.

Exhaust, sound system,better placed cup holders.

Love this car!
By MorganFox

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my car when it had 38k on it. Have not had any major mechanical issues and I just passed 80k. Have taken the car on a few road trips. It handles well, gets good gas mileage and the sound system is awesome. Am starting to experience a bit of loss in power, sounds like I may have a small exhaust issue towards the front of the vehicle, sometimes now when I shift the brake light comes on momentarily and if I rev the RPM's too high the battery light flashes. But all in all it is a great vehicle.

Mach sound system, cornering ability, power driver seat, pull out lights on the dash, good trunk space, all in all the front is comfy to sit in for long trips.

Definitely has some hydroplane issues in the rain, cupholder is in a bad place when shifting, trunk needs larger opening so a normal size cooler, etc. can go through it.

Great pony car
By mustnag46

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been great to own. It gets great economy (25+ highway) which isn't why I bought it! Performance car with easy to add options (B&M shifter, programmable computer). The performance is there if you dare to drive it like it is meant to be driven. I have had no maintenance problems. And the car just looks great. It is a classic (outlasted the Camaro and Firebird) and the new '05 looks better.

V8 and stick shift.

Bring back the fastback. The rear seat is really useless for all but short rides.