List Price Estimate

Used Mustang SVT Cobra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

1999 Cobra # 60 of 4040

jmcrawford, 06/07/2010
2dr Coupe

Bought this car as a College graduation gift for myself. It is my baby never seen rain / or snow in the time that I have owned it. Bought the car with 28K on it and now has 47. I only drive this car when I want, fun to drive and still get complements wherever I go. Gas mileage is great for what the car is. Paint is good for a Ford product. Awesome brakes and predictable road manners. No major issues with the car other than an A/C pressure switch. I lowered mine and changed the exhaust from heads to the tail pipes. Stock shifter was awful felt like I was rowing a boat. Cannot beat the sound of a American V8, tons of power above 3000 rpm.

Careful this snake might bite

Jake R, 09/20/2015
2dr Coupe

Do your research. I've been a fan of mustangs ever since I was little. It's always been a car that's caught my eye. I bought a 2005 v6 mustang before this. Now I have a 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra. This car is not just a car. This vehicle has a soul and she wants to show you get soul every time you push the clutch in. With every rev from that American v8 you hear her ancestors speaking in such harmony you just want to keep driving. There are no cons to be had here. Don't hesitate buy a piece of American history today!

Still Looks Good

JMCRAWFORD, 06/04/2010
2dr Coupe

Great car bought it with 28000 miles in 05. Have only had a single problem. Insurance is cheep. With the recall and short production run. Haggerty considers it an exotic. (99 cobra only $500 year full coverage) Now has 47,000 only issue that I have had is AC pressure switch. Fixed it my self for $50. Stock shifter was junk and replaced that. Stops on a dime great brakes. Good gas mileage for what it is (If you want good gas mileage get a Honda)

1999 SVT

Michael Margareci, 06/03/2006
2dr Coupe

I can not believe that this car is 7 years old and yet I still enjoy driving it every summer. Honestly it is by far the most trouble free sports car I have ever owned. I would highly recommend Ford’s SVT’s products to anyone considering purchasing a high horsepower fun car. Make no mistake this car is scary fast in stock form and like any vehicle that makes over 300 hp it must be treated with respect. Ford’s hand built 32 valve motor is a joy to wring out and let stretch it legs. Mustang SVT’s are a blank canvas that every owner can and should modify to their own unique taste. Just drive one and you will not be disappointed.

No regrets!

Burney, 11/17/2008
2dr Convertible

I recently purchased this Cobra after 5 months of researching for the combination I wanted. (Low mileage, minimal owners, flawless service history, all stock, convertible) I found this car with 13,500 all original miles on it. It was garaged for the majority of its life, driven only occasionally, left completely stock, used with only full synthetic fluids, and well taken care of. When I first test drove the car I was floored by it's power and had to reteach myself to drive the manual transmission to be able to handle it all! I bought this car and modified it for better performance (not that it needed it) Very dependable, lots of power, great handling

Awesome Muscle Car

Big D, 04/12/2009
2dr Coupe

I am the original owner of this car, and can tell you after 10 years, its still an awesome car. The balance/handling is superb with the IRS. We take it to the SVT on-track events every chance we get, and its always a blast to drive. My kids can't wait for me to pass it on to them, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Fantastico.

Eddie Rodriguez, 08/17/2009
2dr Coupe

Love the way the svt handles & performs. Would love to drive it @ autobhone. Above 4000 rpm is a different animal. With only an intake & exaust was dynoed by uti/Orlando @ 298.75 hp & 298.32tq @ whl. With a set of pulstar plugs & synthetic fluids it is putting out 315 to 320whl. Getting 20 to 21 mpg in town & 25 to 27 mpg/hwy. But have to admit that is keeping rpm Bellow 3000 & using octane boost. Went to 18'mags from Ford gt.

Very obvious Ford Doesn't care....

emtboy, 07/17/2002
2dr Convertible

I purchased a 1999 Cobra and I have had nothing but problems with it. Now cars can have problems, but neither the Dealer nor the manufacturer are willing to deal with the car. It's headed for arbitration with a total of 12 problems including: powerstearing failure (while driving) Brake failure (while driving) mulitple interior things breaking A/C fails the first time it is used Recalled 3 times. And that is just the beginning....

Kelly Green

shurur, 06/02/2009
2dr Coupe

Kelly is quick, reliable and gets looks everywhere she goes. I am so happy she lets me be with her. OK I bought the car used (48K) and drove her up from AL to NH. Throwout bearing was bad; so she was broken in a beautiful way. I had an AL flywheel, clutch and pro5.0 shifter installed, and have never looked back since. Never any buyers remorse. Performance is 8 only because she is not a "supercar" and "only a pony car," but proper aftermarket mods can change that in a hurry.

Cobra Review

Cobra@UMD, 10/18/2002
2dr Convertible

I got my cobra in July of 99 and haven't ever looked back. It handles great, has the perfect sound, and more then enough power to put those "other muscle" cars in their place. I've put 42000 miles on it and havent had a single problem from it.

51050