2018 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews

2018 Ford Focus

A Great Car!

Art La Cues, 04/06/2018
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We own a 2008 Tauras and 2011 Ranger and are well satisfied with both...low maintenance, fuel efficient, dependable, and comfortable. We decided three weeks ago to add another car and decided on a Focus based on good reviews from friends who have a 2014 Focus. We purchased a 2018 SE hatchback and could not be more satisfied. Ample head room in front and back. peppy acceleration with the automatic transmission, quiet, smooth riding, and great mileage...36mpg. We have 500 miles on it and have travelled city streets, mountains, and freeways. I am 6 feet tall and with the driver's seat adjusted backward back there is still ample head and leg room in the back seat. There is also plenty of cargo space. The sync screen and instrumental are easy to read and almost intuitive. A great car:

2018 MUCH better than 2014

Jess, 05/07/2018
SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I was hesitant to buy another Ford Focus after my 2014 purchase and the ongoing issues I've had with the transmission (which has since become a class action lawsuit). However, the difference between the 2014 and 2018 models are night and day, and in more than just the styling. The 2018 SEL Hatchback has a sporty look, feel, and function! I love that it wants to 'get up and go' when I give it gas. The maneuverability and great (it feels so nimble). And, as Maryland summer has started to creep in (since we skipped spring all together), I have yet to notice any lag on the transmission when giving it gas to merge onto the highway all the while have the AC on. I have two daughters, one of which is still in a booster seat, and they are able to sit comfortably in the back with my husband and I in the front. Side note: The back seats must have had a redesign since my youngest is able to buckle herself in the 2018 and isn't able to in the 2014 Focus (even with the same booster seat). Another small detailed change is the location of the door lock/unlock button - in the 2018 model it's on the door, whereas on the 2014 model it's on the center console; this small change makes a lot more sense and I'm glad to see the lock button moved to a more logical location. The hatchback doesn't have a lot of trunk space compared to the sedan but I think that's expected. Or, at least it doesn't feel like the hatchback is as deep as the sedan. Anyway, overall I am a lot more pleased with the 2018 model than the 2014 model. A lot more pleased.

Love this car for the looks and MPG.

Scott M., 08/29/2018
SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought this car with $5500.00 off the price before I started to deal. After test driving the SE vs. the SEL it was a no brainer to go with the SEL for the money. SEL adds fog lights, black bezel headlights, 17" rims that dress up the black color with black painted rims with just enough chrome to make them look sporty, 8" touch screen sync 3, 4 wheel disc brakes, heated cloth seats, heated steering wheel, ambient lighting that you can change the color, Sony sound system with 10 speakers including a nice size sub-woofer in the back. The sync 3 is worth the extra cost alone. Bought this car in black and had the side and back windows tinted to 18. Car is very sporty and I get compliments on it often. The ride is not harsh but stiff enough to feel stable and safe. I can stretch out my 6' 1" frame and do not feel cramped at all. The car is not a speed merchant by any stretch but when needed it gets the job done. I did not buy it for speed. The mileage I get on this car far exceeds the EPA estimates. I live in a relatively flat area and get 42 MPG at 70 MPH highway. I average 39 MPG at 30/70 city/highway use. The car rides smooth for a small car and is quiet at all speeds. This is a great value at under $18,000.00 OTD. Could not be happier.

Fun Machine!

Jerry, 11/05/2018
SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We bought this car as a 3rd car for work and to use with RV (flat towable). Absolutely love it! Good looks, lots of features - sunroof, big screen navigation, sharp wheels, upgraded sound system, lots of power, great gas millage, solid ride and priced much less than anyone else for what you get!

Second one

rfelic, 09/11/2018
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

After already having a 2012 Ford Focus, I really did not want to buy another one. But when I went in for a recall, they gave me 4000 for my car and paid off the negative equity for what I owed on the old car ($2000 USD). Drove it for 200 miles and found a mild shutter when I made a right turn which made me very disappointed. I was told that it was taking care of because they changed it with 6 vs 5 gears in the trans. I really like how it looks and wished that I would have gotten the powershift button which could help me with that shuttering i hate so much. It would be a great car if they would just fix and remove that problem. If I find a great deal that I will not have negative equity on another brand, I think I would trade it in and get me a car that does not shutter. I do not understand why Ford has yet to fix this. All other competitors in this class seems to not have this problem.