2017 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Hope I'm good
By Danny

2017 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased a 2017 focus 2,500 miles on car and transmission seems to be developing this shudder problem already, going to call dealer tomorrow and see what can be done about this. I've had it less than a week

So far OK, hoping for a few more years
By Sfpeter

2017 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Focus for just under a year and 11,000 miles. So far it's been just oil changes and driving, with my only concern a slight growling noise that started in March which may be the pulley for the serpentine belt--that the dealer said wasn't a problem. My '06 Ford Focus was a nightmare with a blown transmission, two alternators, wheel bearings, motor mounts, axle seals, and so on. I only looked at another Focus as this was a $4,000 off special from the dealer and it was a manual transmission--my '97 Tracer manual had lasted for 11 years. It's been a sporty, well handling, surprisingly fast little car, I'm hoping with the manual transmission I'm avoiding most of the problems reported with these cars, but if it starts giving me trouble I'll trade it for a Toyota.

TRASHY TRANSMISSION! Shift Away from the Focus!
By Regina W

2017 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought my 2017 Focus SEL in June of 2017. It's a pretty little car with a sporty feel and solid gas mileage, though it was an adjustment for me coming out of a Fusion. I was pretty happy with my car for a year, then everything went to hell in a handbasket! I took my car in for slipping transmission in June of 2018, they replaced the clutch. I drove it on a 1000+ mile road trip in June, then again in late July. By September, it was back at the dealership for transmission problems and rough idle. They replaced the clutch AGAIN and had the nerve to tell me that the transmission only has problems in hot climates! Guess they think all women are totally ignorant about cars. They also...get this...replaced the bushings on the motor mounts, which they said were the problem with the rough idle. So far, the rough idle has not reappeared, so the motor mounts may have been the problem. BUT...at just under 36,000 miles??? WHERE are these parts coming from, the salvage yard? I'm really disgusted with this car, primarily because Ford KNOWINGLY continues to put this trashy transmission in the Focus. They obviously don't care AT ALL about their loyal customers. Have they forgotten that there ARE other car manufacturers? So, this is the nail in the coffin of my relationship with Ford...I have had my car back for less than 2 weeks and already it's back to its' same transmission antics. Please, think twice...think 10 times...before buying a Focus with an automatic/manual mess of a transmission.

clutch issues 2017 ford focus
By LHW

2017 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought the top of the line Ford Focus. Had a 2015 Ford Focus and had clutch issues. Decided to upgrade because of the clutch issues ( class action lawsuit is present on 2013-2016) I was assured the 2017 had a different clutch system. I was lied to. I now will be bringing the car back to the dealer again for the same issue. Ford never fixed the issue and still selling faulty clutches in their new cars. I will now never buy a Ford. I thought I was buying an American Car, do your research! It will cost thousands of dollars to get it fixed if not under warranty.

Low gas mileage
By Irene McCallister

2017 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

10 mpg is what this car does after drive 2 months o highway mostly, runs out gas fast, cramped front seat, very small trunk. seat fabric is nice has adjustable side mirrors from driver side. Form will not let me put actual MPG I have in this car Drive on highway speed limit 55 mpg