Used 2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Clunker

Tonya Young, 10/30/2019
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

But this car new clutch going out before I make the first payment for told me that they were going to eventually make a better clutch that they would guarantee to fix it will absolutely not do a buyback or not do right by the car, Now on for clutches and 89,000 miles trade-in value is only $5000 and I owe 6100 no more repairs on the clutch after 100,000 miles and I’m getting really close so I’m upside down in the car and still paying on it for it is a joke they mess me around through this whole ordeal should’ve been the lemon law but they danced around that you should’ve sued them along time ago I would never buy another Ford as long as I live I’m so upset that I’ll probably call them tomorrow to complain about it some more Don’t care about their customers only care about their deep pockets

Ford

Tim lake, 12/11/2019
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great car good gas mileage reliable

Avoid at all costs!

Josiah, 03/03/2020
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It will cost you a whole bunch of $$ in repairs and the reliability is horrible. I bought my 2014 Ford Focus hatchback that I "thought" was going to be a long-lasting car but instead I got a [non-permissible content removed]. The repairs are very expensive. There will be a majority of mechanical problems such as the alarm system, the blinkers, unlocking and locking the vehicle. When I purchased this vehicle so far it has cost me new brakes, a new engine, and oil changes. This car is not "reliable" instead it is a car that's a hunk of junk.

Would not even give it one star

jane kellie, 04/28/2020
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my Focus for 2 years. It began to shudder and shake when I accelerated about 1 year in. I have had so many other problems with it and I never wanted to drive anywhere because of it!

Always felt unsafe

Libra, 06/13/2020
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this as my first car and regretted it from the start. To start the car is very sensitive, I've always had to be very careful with the gas and break cause just a press to hard sends the car flying. I only found out about the transmission after I bought the car unfortunately I had to replace the clutch 2 times and was just about ready for the next soon as I could feel the shuddering starting again. It's very dangerous with this problem as you can be at a 4 way stop and it's your turn to go and you press the gas...but the car doesn't go it shudders then all the sudden out of no where it will excellerate out. This has happened to me many times and other cars at the 4 way stop think I'm not going and they proceed to go and I came flying out and almost caused an accident many times. Or when it has this problem and you're trying to get up a hill. It's not safe and these cars should be recalled. I finally had enough and out enough money in that my 2014 ford focus and got rid of it. Don't make the mistake of buying this unsafe car!