Used 2012 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Big nnnnnmpiece of crap. Do not buy
By Tom M

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had nothing but problems with this piece of absolute crap. One thing after another after another after another. Having it towed and donating it just to get it off my property. Worst Ford product ever. Absolute money pit. Couldnt even have it stolen.

DO NOT DRIVE!
By Gina B

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from the Puente Hills Chevy in City of Industry in February with only 55,000 miles and no previous reports filed. After 8 short months I found out that the car I was still paying off was complete garbage. First, the brake light would turn on and off (replaced the bulb and still had issues), the tire pressure sensor had issues, and I ended up in almost getting into an accident after the transmission began stalling at a fwy entrance. When I took it to a ford specialist all they did was unplug the car computer and reboot it. I had been informed about the transmission recall, but when they checked their system the only thing they found was an issue with the door locks so I ended up paying for them to reboot the computer. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this car. I hope this review helps someone from making my unfortunate mistake.

Worst car I've ever driven "fix or repair daily"
By Edward Fuit

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cars should last well over 100,000 miles, but not this one. radio went first, then transmission (the one thing Ford was willing to address). Power steering went out, $ 1200 + repair. Traction control was a joke had to turn it off when it rained. basically it would stay in low gear and buck a lot. not a dependable car. Junk yard ready at 6 years of age and under 80,000 miles. A cheap old beater car is better than this.

Great little car
By Cora

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Transmission had a recall and was then fixed I have owned this car for 6 years It’s zippy, super on gas,great in snow ( with snow tires) super reliable after tranny repair And it looks cool paint has stayed sharp looking Leather seat stitching not great back seat seams poor...love it!!!

Love my Focus!
By Ann Davis

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this car except for a transmission recall that was promptly fixed by the dealership. I have had it for 7 years.