2017 Ford Focus ST Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Focus ST Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (7 reviews )

Focus ST is fun and fast with a few negatives.
By Kamaka

2017 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a Focus ST ST3 with almost 14k miles on it and it's been great. It's fun and fast. Power is very torque-y and the shifter is smooth. I find the Recaro seats comfortable but you can't slide into them you have to climb in and out. The rear visibility is pinched so the backup camera is essential. I got the all season Pirelli tires and they worked well in the New England Winter. There's no active safety but the Focus ST was cheaper than an identically equipped VW GTi. When I got a flat I was really happy there's a full size spare and I've had no mechanical problems with the car. Sync3 is much better than MyFordTouch and using the AppleCarPlay is great.

GREAT CAR
By Eddie T.

2017 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

You will not regret it, buy it its awesome

Focus ST review
By Ron

2017 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Good acceleration. Good handling. It has a spare tire. Good sound system.

Best Bang For Your Horsepower Buck!
By Rockinroller

2017 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've researched and checked out just about every vehicle under $30,000 that has reasonable power and function and a "fun to drive" factor. I kept coming back to the Focus ST. When Ford recently offered $4500 rebates on the 2017's and learning that the 2018s were not going to change much I pulled the trigger and picked up a base ST1 in Race Red with only the AS tires as an option. I am impressed with the continued quality Ford puts into their vehicles, even at this level. The doors close with a "thud", the interior trim is supple and neat and the dash layout is practical. The center console could be a little longer however. Also I like the large digital speedometer better in the FCA vehicles, compared to the small window Ford provides, between the two analog tach and speed gauges. The front seats are sufficiently bolstered and are much better for my (6'2") frame than the Recaros whose side bolsters uncomfortably cut into both sides of my back. The 6spd trans is nice and tight, with the shifting not notchy. My only regret I guess is that I'll be the only one who can use the ST as my wife can't drive a stick and refuses to learn. I suppose shifting is a pain for many folks who are caught in stop-and-go traffic, or those who want to share time with their various digital devices while driving (or even wanting to drink something while in traffic), but it sure allows you to marry better with the vehicle and its performance. For around $21,000 out the door I couldn't have done better.

Pleasantly surprised
By tom williams

2017 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is surprisingly fast and torquey. It may not be for everyone since it is a 6 speed manual only. Ford was blowing them out so I got a lot of bang for $$$$.