Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

Used Flex for Sale
Select your model:
12345...38

Pros
Cons

awesome car

Troy d marriott, 09/18/2017
SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my flex in 2009 new. I have traveled all over the United States with it for work. It has never been wrecked. It has 335,600 miles on it. The only things I have done to it besides regular upkeep is a new fuel pump and water pump. I still drive it. I'm thinking it will go another 300,000 miles .. best ford I have ever driven.

Very dissapointed

Chris, 08/07/2015
Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Where do I start, mmmmmm. All 4 wheel bearings went bad before 90,0000. Sunroof was designed to let water in, I think. Well it had to be as bad as it leaks. Fans don't work so car overheated. Stereo would not work from steering wheel controls. Gas gauge goes from 3/4 full to empty in a second and then the car died, TWICE. The good news about that is that it only happens when it is 20 below or colder, so it has that going for it. Seriously. I have worked in the car industry for twenty years and I have owned many cars and this truly is the most disappointing car we have ever owned. I wanted to support Ford after they refused the bailout money. Unfortunately I will be going back to a Honda or Toyota. In my experience, these companies have given me the best value for my money. Simple as that! Back to sarcasm: All 4 wheel bearings out before 90k, really? Ford knew they were bad during testing, they had to know. So I assume they treated it as a profit center and said the heck with the buyer. Well, two can play that game, so the Heck with Ford!

2009 Flex Brake problems

bassguy, 02/17/2012

I was happy with the ride and feel until I hit 20K, and noticed a momentary grinding when I applied the brakes. Sometimes a gaslike smell was noticed after breaking. Quite a bit of black dust seemed to accumulate on the two rear wheels. At 25K a periodic squeal was noticed but the Ford dealer inspected and said the brakes were "good". At 29.5K the brakes made a grinding sound and were visably scored (rear left). My Ford Dealer said that "it wasn't a Ford problem because he didn't have a service bulletin that dealt with this problem!". Rather than have him repair with duplicate Ford parts, I took the car to a Goodrich dealer for new rear rotors and new upgraded pads.

No Support From Ford

swaldron, 07/06/2013

We purchased this new in 2009 and overall have been please with the vehicle. However, I had to rate build quality and reliability low here due to the following: at about 30K (warranty) it needed a new front hub & bearing; at 44K it then needed a right rear caliper ($500). We were very disappointed that the dealer would not contact Ford about what they could do about the caliper (I currently also have 2 GM vehicles with well over 100K miles on them with original hubs and calipers!). The dealer had the nerve to tell me that he had a concern about using aftermarket calipers... I just looked at him and said "really, right now I have to pay $500 to fix a Ford OEM caliper!" Going back to GM!

We love our Flex!!

A. Ekstrom, 04/05/2016
SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were about to have our third boy and I did not want a minivan, thankfully we found the Flex! We absolutely love it!! It has so much room, the two big boys love their spots in the third row, they have their own cup holders and compartments! The second row has about 47 inches of leg room, sometimes I'll sit back there just because. I love the front heated seats, even living in Arizona I use them all the time. We love the look of it, ours is all black with black leather inside. Next time we buy one I want two colors, I'm think red and black. We also love the navigation system and back up camera, the boys call it the Flex's iPad. It's easy to use and navigate and all buttons and such are perfect. The few cons: We received a new big sit and stand stroller after the baby was born and it doesn't fit just in the back. We have to move one of the boys to the second row by the baby, flip down one side of the third row and put it there. Our Flex had almost 100,000 miles on it when we bought it and it was beautiful inside and out, the only it's started doing is hesitating when shifting at slower speeds. After looking this up it seems to be a common problem. Overall we will definitely be buying another Flex, we love how comfy it it, how it looks, the technology and that it's unique!!

12345...38